Washing out new components

Hexram
Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

Hey guys a just bought a few alpha cool radiators, gpu block, cpu block, pump, fittings and ridged tubing. I plan to use distilled water as the coolant.

Firstly should i wash out the parts before i use them?

Secondly what can i use to prevent things from growing in my loop? I heard that was a problem.

Yes, definitely rinse them out. Shake vigorously and rinse a few times.

You can use either biocide or silver coil to prevent unwanted growth.

I use AIOs, so that is about the extend of my water cooling knowledge.  Should be enough info to get you started though.

Hey guys a just bought a few alpha cool radiators, gpu block, cpu block, pump, fittings and ridged tubing. I plan to use distilled water as the coolant.

Secondly what can i use to prevent things from growing in my loop? I heard that was a problem.

Yes, definitely rinse them out. Shake vigorously and rinse a few times.

You can use either biocide or silver coil to prevent unwanted growth.

I use AIOs, so that is about the extend of my water cooling knowledge.  Should be enough info to get you started though.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."