I218V Ethernet Driver Adapter - Windows Server 2012

Padunkadunk

Hi all,

I wanted to post this up for the forum since it took me forever to find this solution last night while installing Windows Server 2012 r2 Essentials on my newly built server. I used an ASRock H97M Pro 4 motherboard, which has the I218V ethernet adapter. Problem is, Intel does not officially support this adapter for this OS. Most solutions for older ethernet adapters direct you to alter the driver .inf files, but I found this on the net last night where no "hacks" are necessary and now it works perfectly.

This should work for any motherboard using the I218V ethernet adapter. I hope this helps someone out one day. Sure would have saved me some time.

http://nerdanswer.com/answer.php?q=731179

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

I just got a board and was replacing an older MB in Server 2012 R2 and couldn't figure out why the drivers wouldn't load since everything said I had an Intel NIC in it. Did a search, found your post with the link and voila! So than's a bunch my friend for saving me what I am sure would be a lot of time and frustration.

So thanks again!

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

I just got a board and was replacing an older MB in Server 2012 R2 and couldn't figure out why the drivers wouldn't load since everything said I had an Intel NIC in it. Did a search, found your post with the link and voila! So than's a bunch my friend for saving me what I am sure would be a lot of time and frustration.

So thanks again!

Great news! I'm glad this was helpful to somebody :)