Good accessories for an average DSLR user

Hey guys just a follow up post to one i just made (link below) and i was wondering what some good accessories are for a DSLR camera such as the T5i or the D5300. the things i am looking for are as follows:

Bag for camera, Multiple lenses, extra sd cards, cleaning cloths etc.

Tall stand for steady shots

and others just recommend what you think is necessary

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/242413-want-a-dslr-and-lenses/#entry3322499

Polarizing filter. It can make for some amazing (landscape) shots. UV filter -- It's basically another element on top of your lens that protects the lens from damage -- that way if you hit your lens on something instead of damaging the front element (and destroying the lens) you're only destroying a $20 filter. Now, UB filters do degrade the image, but its very slight degradation, and well worth the fact that you're not risking damage to an expensive lens. 

As for memory cards, I've been using Sandisk cards; and they're awesome-- never had any fail on me yet in the 5+ years I've been taking pictures. 

for Lenses.... well, for landscapes, as I've said in the previous thread, I like 24-36mm (on DX/Crop sensors) lenses as I find that the sweet spot for most shots. And the F-stop isn't critical since you should be shooting around F9-F11 during landscapes anyway as you want a VERY deep DoF. 

P.s. in regards to lenses, I'd recommend getting FX (Full frame) lenses. They're usually of a higher quality, and can be used on a Full frame camera should you upgrade in the future. And when being used on a DX (Crop sensor) camera you're utilizing the best part of the lense (the center).

P.p.s. make sure whatever lens you get has internal focusing. (i.e. the lens elements don't rotate during the focusing process. Pretty much only shitty lenses don't have internal focusing; and if you ever want to use something like a polarizing filter then you really can't. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

A good lens cap and UV filter...

As for lenses, you might want a macro lens and a telephoto lens in addition to the kit lens... (I can't recommend since I'm only using a kit lens on a film SLR from the 90s)

I'd rather get a good lightweight tripod instead of a tall stand... (but it's not absolutely necessary)

2 16GB SD cards should be good enough for a session using RAW images...

Microfiber cloth and a hand pump (not sure what they're called) for cleaning...

As for the bag, get something comfortable to use, with thick padding, and can keep all your stuff (other than the tripod/tall stand)...

You also might want to look at auxiliary flash units and flash diffusers...

I'd rather get a good lightweight tripod instead of a tall stand... (but it's not absolutely necessary

that's kinda what i meant. Which one do you recommend?

that's kinda what i meant. Which one do you recommend?

I use an old Solidex tripod, but the panning on it is very bad... So bad that it's easier to rotate the whole tripod than using the adjustment mechanism...

Any foldable tripod will do... It just depends on the features you think you need... Having the head capable of portrait is almost essential you'll be using it for photography...

A bubble level and adjustable height are also nice features to have...

The cheapest basic one I can find on amazon is this...

UV filter to protect the lens, Polarising filter

a SanDisk 16GB card for RAW photos with atleast 45MB+ speed (even though i would get 32GB for extra storage)

for bags, there are lots out there ranging from shoulder bags to backpacks, I prefer a backpack cause it's more comfortable.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

• 1 month later...

For normal usage you can get away with a slik sprint series tripod, but one you need to do video and use larger lens then the tripod won't do, tho they come in very cheap can always still use them. 

You'll need:

protector filter or uv filter to protect your lens (unles you are the type who doesn't like them)

polarizing unit/or circ. polarizer

D filters

SD cards/compact flash cards

lens pen, blower, micro fiber cloth

bag for you you can get something like a lowepro versa series cause they usually have more sales and cheaper(despite I'm not a big fan of lowepro)

lens wise is very preferential