G3258/Motherboard Issues

Hi guys i know the whole overclocking the G3258 has been done to death. However, i have encountered a few issues with this cpu and a particular motherboard. The Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3. I have not yet been able to get the G3258 past 4.0ghz using this board. I have this cpu running stable at 4.6ghz on my MSI Z97 U3 Plus with no issues. I can not seem to replicate the results. It is not this particular system as there are 3 identical systems running this cpu/mb combo all with the same issue. Does anyone run this board and cpu and have any settings that are working? 

i have 3 identical systems with the same issue. i don't know if there is an extra step I am missing when changing settings on these boards. 

what bios are you running, I know that on that very motherboard I have hit 4.8GHz on a number of different boards. With Gigabyte the Bios you need is F5 where as the board ships with F4 (don't know why).

Do you wanna go fast? I sure do that is why I went Intel

have you ever try another K cpu on gigabyte mobo? if it's fine maybe there is some issue from the mobo itself. perhaps there is some bios update for better compatibility for G3258

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

Leave the blk clock to 100MHz (set it manually), dial in your memory to match the cas timing and speed manually). I only needed 1.29v to get mine to 4.7GHz with the running 1 hour passes of OCCT AVX linpack, sometimes I needed to adjust the CPU ring voltage but only once. Don't touch your ring voltages unless you know what your doing.

Do you wanna go fast? I sure do that is why I went Intel