Vmware player - not enough physical memory

Akolyte

I don't know what is happening.  I tried disabling my antivirus, some programs that were running, restarting and other stuff but it doesn't work.  

For some reason Vmware player won't let me have memory sizes over 512MB for the virtual machines.   Yet, the thing is that task manager says I have 6.5GB of RAM available and 7.9GB (8GB) in total.  So, I'm not sure why its stopping me.

I've used the same virtual machine, with the same settings yesterday with no problems.  I've also tried reinstalling Vmware. 

Thanks in advance guys :)

So in the VM settings page it doesnt allow you to assign more than 512mb of ram?

Try running repair in VMware player setup?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

So in the VM settings page it doesnt allow you to assign more than 512mb of ram?

Try running repair in VMware player setup?

Thanks, but how do I do that?  

Thanks, but how do I do that?

Just run the installer again but click repair instead of remove (if it doesn't have that then your gonna have to reinstall :P )

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just run the installer again but click repair instead of remove (if it doesn't have that then your gonna have to reinstall :P )

Thanks will do!