Water cooling setup for gaming rig

Go to solution Solved by Ian_Balisy,

The waterblock you linked is a GTX Titan block and would not fit your graphics cards.

Koolance Triple 140: $80

Alhpacool NexXxos Monsta Dual 120: $77

EK D5 X-RES Top 100: $148 (or anything with a D5 pump)

EK Supremacy EVO CPU waterblock: $75

EK GTX 780 waterblock x2: $216

Tubing, fittings and coolant: ~$80

This list comes in a little higher (around $650) but you could cut costs a little by getting a kit from XSPC/EK/Alphacool that comes with a 240mm rad, but you'd have to find one that comes with a non-5.25 bay res/pump.

To be honest, unless you a really unhappy with your CPU temps, I would just get two more 120/140mm AIO watercooling system and a NZXT Kraken G10 (or Corsair HG10 when it comes out) graphics card brackets. I have two NZXT X61 AIO watercooling systems in my system and a full custom loop costing a few hundred dollars more would likely only reduce my temps by about 3-4*C.

Hi guys.

I'm looking for a ´´cheap`` water cooling setup for my PC. My PC specs:

i7 4790k 4.8GHz (Cooled by a Corsair H100)

Maximus Vi Extreme

2 x GTX 780 ACX SC in SLI

Phanteks Enthoo Pro full tower case (can hold a 420mm on the top and a 240mm on the bottom)

I want to build a water cooling system, but I don't want to spend much more than U$500. Also, I can't use the 5.25 bays for pump/reservoir, because I'm using them for my OC pannel, Blu-Ray driver and my NZXT HUE, so the reservoir/pump will need to be internal.

What parts do you guys recommend to me in this budget?

(Suggestion: This GPU waterblock is not that expensive: http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Computer-Kryographics-Coverage-Backplate/dp/B00DC3RJ9C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413161070&sr=1-1&keywords=titan+water+block)

Thanks

The waterblock you linked is a GTX Titan block and would not fit your graphics cards.

Koolance Triple 140: $80

Alhpacool NexXxos Monsta Dual 120: $77

EK D5 X-RES Top 100: $148 (or anything with a D5 pump)

EK Supremacy EVO CPU waterblock: $75

EK GTX 780 waterblock x2: $216

Tubing, fittings and coolant: ~$80

This list comes in a little higher (around $650) but you could cut costs a little by getting a kit from XSPC/EK/Alphacool that comes with a 240mm rad, but you'd have to find one that comes with a non-5.25 bay res/pump.

To be honest, unless you a really unhappy with your CPU temps, I would just get two more 120/140mm AIO watercooling system and a NZXT Kraken G10 (or Corsair HG10 when it comes out) graphics card brackets. I have two NZXT X61 AIO watercooling systems in my system and a full custom loop costing a few hundred dollars more would likely only reduce my temps by about 3-4*C.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

What parts do you guys recommend to me in this budget?

Thanks

CPU: EK Supremacy EVO Clear Nickel

GPU: EK 780(ti) reference block acetal + nickel or clear nickel

Rads: Alphacool 420 XT45 in top, Alphacool 280 UT60 in the front

Pump: Alphacool VPP655

Pump top/res: EK X-RES 140

Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Fittings: cheapest would be Monsoon free center compression fittings, you can get $40 6-packs at $6.70 per fittings. <-- 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.