Pc doesn't power up

ldehaas1612

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with my brand new pc setup.

The full setup is:

Intel i7 5960x

Asus rog rampage v extreme

2x sapphire amd r9 295x2

1 tb samsung 850 pro ssd

6 tb wd red

Thermalright silver arrow sb-e extreme

Corsair 8x 4gb 2666mhz ddr4 ramm

Corsair ax1500i psu

Inside of nzxt phantom 820 case

And my problem is: i've build the whole computer inside the case and pressed the power button, but it didn't boot. Tried lots of things like: using the button on the motherboard itself, using a screwdriver and replugging the powerbutton on the motherboard but still.. No sign of life.

Then, i took the motherboard with the cpu + cooler on it outside of the case and tried it there. Same problem occurs again and again. Then finaly all of a sudden, with the gpu in place and with the most minimal system stuff it finaly came to life. So i took all the stuff up again and placed it inside the case again.. Back in the case, it doesn't want to go on again.. Important to know is that the lighting on the mb lights up but that's it.. I just can't get it to start. I did the self test on the psu aswell and it got a green light and as long as the 24 pin cable was left out of this psu i was able to test all the plugged in stuff aswell and it all seems to work. Does anyone have any other suggestions to make this system boot

Thanks in advance!!

are you seating  everything correctly?? try it without the gpus and use the motherboard out.

are you seating everything correctly?? try it without the gpus and use the motherboard out.

I have to use the gpu's because the motherboard doesn't have video out

I have to use the gpu's because the motherboard doesn't have video out

Try using one at a time, if they both work individually, pop both in at once. Those 295X2's can pull a lot of current.