Film making

yoursoawsome

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I wanted to know more about film making. Should I ask here or on a nother form. If I should go on another form, which one?

Well here's my question, what is a good camera for making youtube videos and possibly a short film. Currently I have a 720p camera and I would like to replace it. My budget is sub 300. I would prefer a compact camera but with many features, like a mirrorless camera.

Thanks

Sorry, but for 300, you won't find something that good to make a film. But with your 720camera, it should be find. If you use creativity, good technics, and a nice post-process, you should end up with a decent movie.

Blairwotch project was shot with a shitty camera, but the story telling is great etc etc

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

take a look at the canon rebel lineup i think you can get one in a kit for about $200-300 and all the newer ones at least do 1080

and if you can hold off for black Friday/cyber Monday you can usually get good deals then  

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

Sorry, but for 300, you won't find something that good to make a film. But with your 720camera, it should be find. If you use creativity, good technics, and a nice post-process, you should end up with a decent movie.

Blairwotch project was shot with a shitty camera, but the story telling is great etc etc

How's the Pentax Q?

yes, it's ok

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Get a camera with a relatively big lens, it causes more light to reach the sensor which means the quality will be better, more light = less grain (particles caused by the camera trying to make it brighter than it is)

Get a camera with a viewfinder, foldable screen or something.

24X+ zoom, OPTICAL, not DIGITAL is pretty good too, digital is just cropping out the image, optical actually zooms.

You could get a pretty decent camera for that money, nothing that'll end up in the cinema, but good enough for YouTube.

So many things I could write here... things like this.