Rad fan making odd noise

Hey

I have a UT60 280mm Rad set up with 4 Akasa apace 140mm fan in PP. One of the fans is making an odd grinding/ticking noise and I was wondering if there is anything i can do to reduce this?

any help would be appreciated

That sounds like a bad bearing or something unless it is hitting something. I would send it back and ask for a replacement. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

That sounds like a bad bearing or something unless it is hitting something. I would send it back and ask for a replacement. 

Probably a bit late for that, I have had these fans for a few months now. Also I would have to send it back to the states (I live in Australia) so the cost and time would'nt be worth it really.

Probably a bit late for that, I have had these fans for a few months now. Also I would have to send it back to the states (I live in Australia) so the cost and time would'nt be worth it really.

I would look at it closely compared to another fans. See if the blades are wobbly. Check it is tight on the rad. Just any difference you can tell. If it is possible to fix it then go for it. If not then its either a new fan or dealing with the noise unfortunately. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I would look at it closely compared to another fans. See if the blades are wobbly. Check it is tight on the rad. Just any difference you can tell. If it is possible to fix it then go for it. If not then its either a new fan or dealing with the noise unfortunately. 

I might try remounting the rad at some stage, it is such a pain though because i have an arc midi r2 and the fans and ran screw into the plastic front panel not the chassis.

I have heard that certain oils can be used to lubriacte the bearing, So I might look into that also