noob overclocker need help

I overlocked my cpu to 4.2 on 1.1V and i only changed the cpu core clock and the cpu core voltage, should i have changed other settings? or just these two? my temps while running prime 95 are 65-75C

asus p8 z77 v pro

i5 3570k

hyper 212 evo

65-75 what? Celsius? Fahrenheit? Kelvin?

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

its super easy just put 4 clocks on it and you'll get a 4Ghz overclock

i put 4.2 is thats what your talking about, is 1.1 a good voltage for 4.2?

It's pretty obvious that it's celsius :D Anyway, ivy-bridge will be totally fine with 1,2 or even 1,3 volts. (more volts means basically more heat output and stability)

4,2GHz seems very good for 1,1 volts. I'm not experienced with ivy-brige overclocking, but you might wanna try 1,2 volts and 4,3 or 4,4GHz.

You also might want to try increasing cache multiplier. It will propably do 4,0 or 4,1GHz nicely, but when ovecklocking the cores higher

than that, leaving the cache multiplier to 4,2 or 4,1 might improve stability. Watching some oc'ing tutorials on youtube the helped me with my oc.

If I said something incorrect, please correct me. And good luck with you oc, it's ain't easy to brake that CPU (needs somehing like 1,5 volts), so you can experiment with it pretty safely :)

Intel i7-4770K temperatures with stock cooler:

(CPU usage % + 100)/2

http://prntscr.com/8137dw

It's pretty obvious that it's celsius :D Anyway, ivy-bridge will be totally fine with 1,2 or even 1,3 volts. (more volts means basically more heat output and stability)

4,2GHz seems very good for 1,1 volts. I'm not experienced with ivy-brige overclocking, but you might wanna try 1,2 volts and 4,3 or 4,4GHz.

You also might want to try increasing cache multiplier. It will propably do 4,0 or 4,1GHz nicely, but when ovecklocking the cores higher

than that, leaving the cache multiplier to 4,2 or 4,1 might improve stability. Watching some oc'ing tutorials on youtube the helped me with my oc.

If I said something incorrect, please correct me. And good luck with you oc, it's ain't easy to brake that CPU (needs somehing like 1,5 volts), so you can experiment with it pretty safely :)

i have no idea what the cache multiplier is O.o i'll look into it i guess

It propably says it there. Usually under the CPU core ratio multipliers.

(CPU usage % + 100)/2

It propably says it there. Usually under the CPU core ratio multipliers.

i'll have another look, also i'm finnish too :D

i'll have another look, also i'm finnish too :D

Alright :D but u somehow live in Canada :P But since you speak Finnish (I'm assuming) I could give you some help via skype if you need. Just pm me your skype, or ask me to pm you mine.

(CPU usage % + 100)/2

Alright :D but u somehow live in Canada :P But since you speak Finnish (I'm assuming) I could give you some help via skype if you need. Just pm me your skype, or ask me to pm you mine.

i was born in Canada, but both parents were born in Finland, i can speak Finnish, i can understand it more than i can speak, but i can't read/write :(