i5 4690k and Water cooling

ollioddi
Go to solution Solved by Ian_Balisy,

Okay so i am not planning to overclock alot, because i am new to overclocking. I just want a good futureproof all in one watercooling. I am maybe going to buy an i7  in the future. 

But what about the Corsair H75? Its only 1 fan and alot smaller

I also want a quiet pc, and the more fans, the lower rpm they need to run at

But Thanks for the answer anyway :)

Please write back about the H75

The H75 should do just fine for your needs. The Kraken x41 is a 140mm rad and fan option that is a little more expensive but performs roughly on par with 240mm options because of the increased radiator thickness compared to other AIO systems. 

As above.

You can run your cpu with stock cooler(it's no AMD, lol).

I was considering futureproofness when I hinted at a custom solution.

IIRC there is an AIO solution that also allows for addons on market; but I don't remember the name.

There is the Swiftek H220X, which allows for custom expansion and tubing/fluid changes. But it is much more expensive. The brand new Fractal Designs AIO systems are also expansion ready but they will be EU only for a while.

Hi smart people out there!

I am maybe going to build my own pc, and was wondering if the Corsair h105 Hydro Series cpu cooler is too powerfull for a little overclocked i5 4690K

It should also be fitted in the top of a NZXT H440 case, with a atx motherboard!

Thanks in advance :)

Not if you plan on overclocking, also it will give you headroom for upgrades.

Hi smart people out there!

I am maybe going to build my own pc, and was wondering if the Corsair h105 Hydro Series cpu cooler is too powerfull for a little overclocked i5 4690K

It should also be fitted in the top of a NZXT H440 case, with a atx motherboard!

Thanks in advance :)

Don't get it yet unless you really need to overclock a lot.

And even when you overclock; you should really save up some dosh so you can get both CPU and GPU water-cooled.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

That seems like a good fit to me. I have an NZXT Kraken x61 on mine because it fits in my Fractal Arc Midi R2 case. I always suggest at least an AIO watercooling kit if you're going to overclock and the Devils Canyon processors certainly can overclock fairly easily.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

It would be overkill if you don't overclock much, but it will keep it nice and cool. And I think it should fit fine in the H440.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Don't get it yet unless you really need to overclock.

And even when you overclock; you should really save up some dosh so you can get both CPU and GPU water-cooled.

This is getting much easier lately with watercooling mounting brackets like the Kraken G10 (which I have) and the Corsair HG10 and whatever else will flood into the market once companies realize that it makes cooling a GPU a $80-100 add on rather than a fully custom watercooling kit with expensive waterblocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, fittings and tubing. Granted, the latter certainly gives you much more performance, but the former is going to be a more feasible option for the majority of enthusiasts on a budget out there.

Edit: I feel obligated to note, however, that my i5 4690k at stock was running at about 38-52 C most of the time with the stock cooler while I was running my setup tests, so it is true that waterooling isn't necessary most of the time. But with the way AIO systems have become competitively prices lately it's rarely a bad decision for any reason (especially considering some good air cooling options from Noctua and Be Quiet! are still going to run you over $100).

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i5 4690K | G.Skill Ripjaw 4 GB (desperately needs upgrade) | MSI Radeon R9 290 | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Seagate Constellation 1 TB HDD (also needs upgrade) | NZXT Kraken X61 for CPU | NZXT Kraken X61 + G10 for GPU | Corsair M45 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | ASUS Xonar DSX | Denon AD-H2000

Don't get it yet unless you really need to overclock a lot.

Okay so i am not planning to overclock alot, because i am new to overclocking. I just want a good futureproof all in one watercooling. I am maybe going to buy an i7  in the future. 

As above.

IIRC there is an AIO solution that also allows for addons on market; but I don't remember the name.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

The H75 should do just fine for your needs. The Kraken x41 is a 140mm rad and fan option that is a little more expensive but performs roughly on par with 240mm options because of the increased radiator thickness compared to other AIO systems. 

As above.

There is the Swiftek H220X, which allows for custom expansion and tubing/fluid changes. But it is much more expensive. The brand new Fractal Designs AIO systems are also expansion ready but they will be EU only for a while.