Is it worth it?

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by Briggsy,

This one is also DC, right? I'd prefer PWM.

yeah, looking at what you get with the noctua (splitter, 7v adapter etc..) its probably a much better choice.

Hi

I want to make my PC quieter, so initially I thought of getting a Noctua NF-S12A to replace my stock rear exhaust, however when I plugged it into a PWM header, even though the fan is only 3-pin, it became quieter. So my question is: even after buying a PWM splitter so I can use all my 3 fans on 2 headers, is it still worth getting a Noctua fan? Thanks.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

you're going to get some really biased answers for either yes or no. personally I would look into corsair AF120 and SP120 fans as well. they can sometimes be had for much better price on sale and run quiet (except for the LED clear fans, those are slightly noisy at full speed).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

you're going to get some really biased answers for either yes or no. personally I would look into corsair AF120 and SP120 fans as well. they can sometimes be had for much better price and run quiet.

Well, I have a Corsair case right now, so I probably have an AF120 there.

Well, I have a Corsair case right now, so I probably have an AF120 there.

i was thinking of these type, much higher quality then the ones that come with a case.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

i was thinking of these type, much higher quality then the ones that come with a case.

I mean, I really enjoy my NF-S12A that I have as a rear exhaust. It stays fairly quiet and I have it at full speed. It really boils down to preference IMO

yeah, looking at what you get with the noctua (splitter, 7v adapter etc..) its probably a much better choice.

yeah, looking at what you get with the noctua (splitter, adapter etc..) its probably a much better choice.

OK, Thanks. I think I can actually afford the S12A, I have some (a lot) of spare change around.