Low FPS but WHY! *DRAMATIC PAUSE*

Lornedh

i have a asus 770 direct cu oc 2gb

kingston ssdnow 240gb 450mb read/write (all games ran off my ssd)

Amd am3+ socket asus sabertooth 990fx r2

and a amd phenom x4 995 black edition 3.2ghz

with 8 ggb of ddr 3 kingston memory 

and WD green 1tb drive for storage
and a 500gb WD Green for storage

Latest mb bios and graphic card drivers non beta

The Main Games i play are World of warcraft , League of legends and minecraft

I picked up a 770 last month hoping it would cure my fps issues in wow it did help but i still can not maintain 60 fps idle or in raids 

with my settings are on ultra i weirdly dont seem to get better fps in high i really only see a difference in performance when its on low ..

Im not sure why, ive raided with Asus gpu tweak opened and cpuz it says my gpu is only using at max 40-60%

And my cpu 43-60 %

yet i am only getting 25 - 30 fps at best in raids and like 5-10 fps on pull! and my cpu or gpu is not even maxed 

Is my 770 flakey should i try to return it ?

What settings or things should i do or try ?

Edit  Should play with triple buffering and vync ? i see no artifacts or tearing

Should've gotten another CPU (Intel, that is.), and WoW is 10 years old, don't forget about that. You can run sli 780ti's, you won't get 60+ fps in raids

WoW doesn't use all of your cores, therefore it only uses 43-50%

Even if you had a quad core i7/i5, you won't get 60 fps

It's your CPU holding you back mate. Those games are very CPU bound, and your old chip is showing it's age. I've got a Phenom II 965 myself, but it's OC'd to 4GHz and it still struggles at times :P

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

An amd phenom x4 995 with a 770....

tumblr_m4h3okK75r1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

For real though, WoW is horribly optimized.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

MMO's are heavily bottlenecked by your CPU. Single core performance is what you need, so Intel CPU's are what's going to benefit you.

Should've gotten another CPU (Intel, that is.), and WoW is 10 years old, don't forget about that. You can run sli 780ti's, you won't get 60+ fps in raids

WoW doesn't use all of your cores, therefore it only uses 43-50%

Even if you had a quad core i7/i5, you won't get 60 fps

So say i pick up a amd 9590 and a h100i i would still not see massive improvements since its only going to use one core 4.7 ghz core?

So say i pick up amd 9590 and a h100i i would still not see massive improvements since its only going to use one core 4.7 ghz core

I think that WoW uses 2 cores, but pick up an i5 or something though

I think that WoW uses 2 cores, but pick up an i5 or something though

yea but the thing is i already have a awesome mb unless i superglue a intel socket on it i gotta stick to amd for now :(

i heard the 9590 is just as good as a 4770k?

So say i pick up a amd 9590 and a h100i i would still not see massive improvements since its only going to use one core 4.7 ghz core?

You're not going to see massive improvements because AMD's IPC is awful regardless of the clock. MMO's are primarily single threaded so in order to get good performance you need an Intel CPU.

yea but the thing is i already have a awesome mb unless i superglue a intel socket on it i gotta stick to amd for now :(

In this situation, no

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The 4770k is better, if you do a quick google search you can see that nobody will recommend an AMD cpu

The 4770k is better, if you do a quick google search you can see that nobody will recommend an AMD cpu

Believe  me i would buy a intel cpu if i had the money to replace the motherboard and the cpu 

im just trying to find then next best option for a cpu while keeping this motherboard

Believe  me i would buy a intel cpu if i had the money to replace the motherboard and the cpu 

im just trying to find then next best option for a cpu while keeping this motherboard

What about the pentium G3258 and another motherboard for around 200 in total?