Help! PSU Is Not Working

RexdogHD

I just got the last of my parts to build my computer today and I started putting it together. The PSU that I'm using is a Seasonic x650. I have everything put together on the motherboard box but I ran into a problem. I believe I have everything plugged into the PSU correctly. First, whenever I turn on the PSU their is a really high pitch noise. My parents can't hear it but I can. Second, when I turn on the computer it powers up and the fans for everything start running, but their is a click after around 12 seconds in the PSU and it all turns of. Then 5 seconds later it turns back on and keeps repeating this. I can't even get it to POST. Is this a problem with my PSU? This is my first build so I'm pretty upset and would really appreciate any help I can get.

You have plugged all your components together properly? 8pin and 24 for the CPU?

I have singled it down to the B1 slot for Ram on my Motherboard. If I put ram in that slot it will not POST. However, it will post with memory in A1, A2, and/or B2. Does this mean that I have a faulty motherboard?

Most likely, did you try different RAM chips in it?

What's the motherboard?

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Short the green wire on the 24 pin to one of the black ones with only a fan plugged into the molex (no cables plugged into the motherboard, expansion cards or hard drives). If the fan turns on, the PSU is alive.

atx-psu.gif

I have singled it down to the B1 slot for Ram on my Motherboard. If I put ram in that slot it will not POST. However, it will post with memory in A1, A2, and/or B2. Does this mean that I have a faulty motherboard?
were you place the ram, like which slot you put it in does matter, it will tell you in your manual which slots to populate first.

On the other hand I dont think its a ram problem as normally the speaker buzzes in a weirder fashion and keep the motherboard powered on (at least the ones ive used have).

Id turn the computer on with just the ram and graphics card in if necessary (I mean removing the unnecessary hdd, ssd, optical etc) and see how that goes.

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Try boot with only 1 stick of RAM in a slot which ISN'T the B1 slot. If that works, then your PSU is fine and it's your RAM slot, and will most likely need to RMA your board. Also, your PSU, in most instances, wouldn't turn on at all if it was broken, seeing as it does, i'm thinking it's your board. And non-functional RAM would certainly cause no POST.

It seems to be working now. All I did was take out the ram and put it back in. I installed everything in the computer and it seems to be working well. However, there is still a high pitch noise coming from the PSU that I'll have to figure out.