780 or 780ti?

klekkus

Shud I buy the 780 or 780ti i want the most for the buc!

I realy nede some help!

780ti. it'll last you longer than a 780.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If you're looking for a good mid point, I highly suggest the Gigabyte 780 GTX ghz edition. Its almost as good as the Ti but significantly cheaper.

1080p? 780 and for coolers whichever looks coolest to you

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Its funny, I've always advised people to get the 780 over the 780TI simply due to price vs performance ratio but the TIs keep dropping, Amazon has the ASUS DCII for $588 now. I would say if you can snag a TI under $600 then do it.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Personally I went for a XFX R9 290 DD since it was the most bang for the buck I could find. And my plan is basically waiting for the next range so I can slap another inside the system. 
But if AMD isnt an option I would say that 780 if you are gaming on a 1080p screen and ti if you are going higher than that. 

I was looking at the 780Ti, (was going to buy today actually) as people have said its reducing in price, and is more powerful than the 780.

But apparently the annoucement for the 970 and 980 are happening in like 2 weeks at Nvidias 24 hour gaming event, so probably best to wait for that, to check for prices, price drops, and the performace of the new generation

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

780 is better performance per dollar and 780 ti is slightly better.

I'd say just get a nice 780 (Lightning or Classified) and just OC it, they'll hit 780 Ti performance for $100 less.

But there's a strong possibility that the 800/900 series will be announced in a couple weeks, so if you can wait a little while, it might be worth it- although the 780 is so powerful it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator