Acronis True Image Error

ohJey

I just ran it hoping to clone my hard drive that has Windows 8 and Ubuntu to my new Crucial SSD

I got these errors

Event Details:  Operation Completed With Errors

0x9F2C53C72E8BCD1F

Failed to prepare operations. Error code: 10 'File system error is found. Consider checking the disk using Check Disk Utility.'

with extended code: 458,776 'MFT bitmap corrupted'

Right now I'm running chkdsk X: /r /f on the Windows 8 partition... is that the right thing to do?

What should I do?

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Do a fresh install.....not sure about your error.

This site looks like it explains well https://kb.acronis.com/content/40642

I don't want to fresh install because the drive has the lenovo system restore partition which I kind of like :c

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I don't want to fresh install because the drive has the lenovo system restore partition which I kind of like :c

Im not sure it will fuction. it might hdd specified, and and windows usb boot drive is just like the restore partition :P, u can try.

Im not sure it will fuction. it might hdd specified, and and windows usb boot drive is just like the restore partition :P, u can try.

I just like being able to wipe the windows install using a partition on the drive, plus it has all the drivers and stuff pre-installed

I just like being able to wipe the windows install using a partition on the drive, plus it has all the drivers and stuff pre-installed

true, levono didn't have the option to create a boo table recovery usb? Iknow hp's recovery partition can be put directly onto usb.

true, levono didn't have the option to create a boo table recovery usb? Iknow hp's recovery partition can be put directly onto usb.

hmm it might have, I'll have to check after this scan completes