Fresh OS

princedylan101
Go to solution Solved by majiinpride,

## 

So not too long ago I wiped the hard drive on my laptop (HP Envy 4 1130us), little did I know that HP has this stupid setup where I can't just reinstall an OS off of a flashdrive. Instead I needed three discs to set it up. So I got that, but them remembered that the ultrabook has no disc reader. Finally after putting it off I bought a external reader for 20$ and just tried to fix this laptop. So I turn it on, goes to windows loading, does the boot logo, comes to a grey screen and the pulls up a CMD. 

So the CMD comes up and says:

SRC_Driver None

SDV_Driver None

[Error] The boot disc cannot be found

This makes no sense to me, I just loaded it off of disc 1 of 2, and then it decides to lose track of the cd. Does anyone know how to fix this or is there a workaround? I need help!

Which OS do you want to install?

Windows 7, I have the recovery discs from HP that have what I need on them.

Try another USB 2.0 port and make sure that your drive is recognized in your BIOS. 

I feel so dumb, just took a few tries of swapping where I plugged things in and BAM it worked! Thanks man!!!

b4llt.jpg

So I did the installation, and at the very end something goes wrong, idk what, but it has happened 3 times. It finishes, does the final boot, starts to make the windows sound and the starts shutting down. It then restarts and says it failed. I don't know what to do.

What actually failed? What message do you get?

It says the recovery method failed, then give me three options: save the error, view the error, or try again. I can tell you the error tomorrow, I just don't feel like going through the whole process again tonight.