How to bring my n64 video signal into the modern age?

Human_Error()

Hi,

I found my old N64 while doing some spring cleaning, and I was wondering what the easiest way would be to go about hooking up my N64 (which has a "standard" red, yellow, white cable) to my monitor. I have a free DVI, VGA, and HDMI port on my monitor to work with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a link to buy whatever I need would be awesome also!

either buy a capture card which is what i did with my original xbox (gen 1)

or use a home theatre system...(which has dvd in {the normal rca inputs} and has an hdmi out)

EDIT: sorry not capture card really...more like a tv tuner like this http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1187-WinTV-HVR-1250-Hybird-PCI-Ex1/dp/B0010DIK3U/ref=pd_sim_vg_4

You will at least need some active converter, a passive adapter won't work.

You could get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Composite-CVBS-Converter-1080P/dp/B009A6PJKQ

and hook it up to your monitor.

If you are dead set on using the console, something like that would likely be one of the best options.

CPU: Intel 3570k (4.3) MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme6 GPU: Gigabyte Windforce HD 7970 RAM: 4x4 Gb Samsung Ultra Low Profile DDR3-1600mhz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Storage: 250GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (Boot), 3TB Seagate Barracuda Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (black)  PSU: Corsair TX750M  Peripherals: Rosewill

rk-9000, Gigabyte M8000x, Sennheiser PX 200-II, Asus VS247H-P 23.6" 1080p TN panel

I would just get the emulator. Crank up the Antialiasing and Anisotropic flitering and games look  Super HD. lol