One Windows for everything.

ddbtkd456

I know this has been posted before but I want your opinions on this as I didn't get a chance to read the other thread....still 1 operating system for desktop, xbox, and tablet/mobile....I already hate that idea. In my opinion linux needs to hurry up with games so I can just permanently switch to that.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I actually quite like windows, it's less work than linux but not as...well OS:X. It's a nice balance that offers a large amount of customization if you want it but it works if you don't feel like fucking with it. I think if they do it well it will be amazing, that being said I don't think they will do it well for another iteration after windows 9, and seeing as I like 8.1 well enough I'll wait until they get it right.

I actually quite like windows, it's less work than linux but not as...well OS:X. It's a nice balance that offers a large amount of customization if you want it but it works if you don't feel like fucking with it. I think if they do it well it will be amazing, that being said I don't think they will do it well for another iteration after windows 9, and seeing as I like 8.1 well enough I'll wait until they get it right.

Yea I'm staying with windows just going to be weird tho...same interference on the xbox as a desktop...

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Yeah I can't see it going well. It's a great idea and it's good for everything to have a normalized interface that is understandable for the user across platforms. It promotes microsofts other systems because if they do it well and people like one they'll be more inclined to become a part of the Windows ecosystem. That being said it's not easy to do, and windows 8 is getting there, but I can't see them getting it right just yet, 

Yeah I can't see it going well. It's a great idea and it's good for everything to have a normalized interface that is understandable for the user across platforms. It promotes microsofts other systems because if they do it well and people like one they'll be more inclined to become a part of the Windows ecosystem. That being said it's not easy to do, and windows 8 is getting there, but I can't see them getting it right just yet, 

No if it actually goes well then I will switch...as of now I will use Windows 7 with or without updates.

When they talk about one operating system they are talking about the core architecture and code base. They do not mean they are going to have one specific GUI. It'll be the same underlying architecture with a different GUI. A good analogy would be to look at Android, regardless of whether you get a Nexus phone, a Samsung phone, an LG or HTC phone etc, it's all the same Android code base and architecture but they each have their own unique GUI.

Of course there will be similarities between the GUIs, but they will all be optimized for the given device/input method.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Yea however hopefully its not as poorly optimized as Xbox 360 or one otherwise the gaming world will be in a world of hurt. Im still using seven regardless.