Google buys Twitch!

Wesley219

Could really do with some fleshing out. 

Also, 99% sure this has already been posted.

What don't they own now? I really hope Google doesn't turn evil now...

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

sorry if this has been posted yet! I just got mad that google bought twitch!

New Video Empire... Last thing i need is google making an tech store. hot damn the tyranny of king Goolge continues, what will it buy next? We dont know! STAY TUNED NEXT AT: Google Buy Shit They Dont Need-And-Possibly-Will-Throw-It-Away-When-It-Doesnt-Work-Out Show!!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Ugh, people jump to conclusions way too quickly.

Guys. Who owns YouTube? Oh, Google? Google does some bad things, yeah? Uh-huh. Seems like that's the consensu-oh! You have something to say there? Oh, Google has money? And a shit ton of storage, web capacity, influence, and years in media streaming? Sounds pretty nice! Wait, they're also a major contributor in the fight for the internet freedom? Hm. Doesn't sound shabby.

Yes, Google is going to fuck up somewhere along the line. They always do. But they are a huge company; It is NOT the SAME PERSON making shitty, not-well-taken decisions every time. But I personally think the acquisition of Twitch by Google both isn't going to change much, and is going to make it grow. As a streamer and content creator myself, I'm actually kind of glad that Google is probably going to implement AdSense into Twitch streaming, since right now, three different incomes from website/youtube/twitch, and then income from video and audio editing, it's hard and annoying to keep track of it all. Especially with how volatile the incomes are.

The only thing I hope they don't take away is the right to take donations from viewers. I donate often myself, because I know that ads aren't always cutting it for some streamers, and I personally don't like bombarding viewers with ads to make my way through a month; So those wealthy viewers, give 'em a money sink.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

I hope Twitch doesn't lose value after this deal.

At least Google doesn't drain the visitors as bad as Yahoo! does when it comes to deals.

I think Google has big plans to introduce some cutting edge features, but let's wait and see.

Maybe this will revolutionize what we know about live streams, just make sure we don't need to use our Google account to login.

The thing I'm afraid of if adsense meets twitch, is the content ID system being implemented on twitch. Meaning people would get flagged left and right for copyrighted material.