ghetto gpu fan fix

stairs2195

basically my friend in an attempt to find out where the rattle in his case was coming from was stopping each fan with his finger to try and diagnose where the noise was coming from so he came to the gpu fan and misjudged where the centre of the fan was and accidently broke a fin off the fan so as you do he snapped another off the opposite side to try to balance the fan out (this is where it gets funny) in this vein attempt to sort the issue out this issue he snapped another two off (idiot!) so yeah down to about 6 fins at this point and sitting at about 60 degrees idle and 80 odd under load so ill let you work out the rest from the pictures http://imgur.com/a/M7KT6

wow.... lol
surprisingly works well down to 32 degrees idle and 55 under load

wow.... lol
its silent the F series fans are really good

I reallllly urge your friend to get a new fan. They're not too expensive, just look up the card and find the part number. Please, do it for me... lol.
hes getting a new system soon including a 7950 :)

I see nothing wrong with the way you fixed it, just dont try and sell it or anything. and it is probably getting better temps than before.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I reallllly urge your friend to get a new fan. They're not too expensive, just look up the card and find the part number. Please, do it for me... lol.
VERY nice. I was going to recommend upgrading, but that would annoy me personally. He's going to love it. :D

I wouldn't trust him around a 7950 ;)
exacly what i said to him