Windows 8 Display Laptops

SilenT_LobsteR

Hey guys, 

Not sure if anyone can help but may as well try. 

I work for a retailer that sells a lot of Windows laptops and desktops, obviously we have to have a display model of each. We also have a printing service that requires a lot of customers to use our laptops to access emails etc. 

Fresh out of the box Windows 8/8.1 is pretty horrible for us, customers open up a PDF and have it open in the fullscreen PDF reader app, same with photos and they get totally confused. Same with the Internet Explorer App rather than using the desktop webs browser. 

Just wondering if anyone knows of a batch file or something that I could run that changes all of the terrible things about Windows 8 out of the box quickly rather than going through each and setting default photo viewer to be "Windows Live viewer" etc. 

I know its a tough one but if anyone is going to know it's on here right? :P 

Cheers

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

Hey guys, 

Not sure if anyone can help but may as well try. 

I work for a retailer that sells a lot of Windows laptops and desktops, obviously we have to have a display model of each. We also have a printing service that requires a lot of customers to use our laptops to access emails etc. 

Fresh out of the box Windows 8/8.1 is pretty horrible for us, customers open up a PDF and have it open in the fullscreen PDF reader app, same with photos and they get totally confused. Same with the Internet Explorer App rather than using the desktop webs browser. 

Just wondering if anyone knows of a batch file or something that I could run that changes all of the terrible things about Windows 8 out of the box quickly rather than going through each and setting default photo viewer to be "Windows Live viewer" etc. 

I know its a tough one but if anyone is going to know it's on here right? :P 

Cheers

Use 8.1, it doesn't do that anymore for the most part...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Install Adobe Reader.

Install Windows Live Essentials - Photo Gallery

When you open an image or pdf next time, Windows will pop-up on the corner saying basically: "I have another software that can open that, which want to you want?", and you pick it, and voila it will be forever set for the file format selected.

Or just use the Default Program panel, click on the program you want to open with, and click on "Set this program as default"

http://www.helpweaver.com/default.png

You can also remote desktop to each computers from 1 computer. (Each computer needs a password, and use the Pro version of Windows), just open a folder, expend "Network", you'll see every-computer in your network, right-click on one of them, and select "Connect with remote desktop", and you'll be connected.