galaxy s3 battery problems

AlexGoesHigh

ok so my brother just changed his phone to iphone 5 he found on the cheap, and he giving me his year old s3 soon, his problem with it is that the battery drains to quickly, to the point he charges it twice a day, the battery itself was replaced 2 moths ago with a new one, also is worth mentioning that he dropped it several times, to the point the glass front is already cracked but i don't mind that much because i probably send it to fix, also when he hand it over i probably going to factory reset it, but if there's something i can change or i'm screwed because his lack of care damaged it beyond repair? maybe installing a custom rom and getting rid of touchwiz?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

go to settings>>battery usage what are your biggest battery drains? 

Was it replaced with a proper Samsung battery of a Chinese knock off

Was it replaced with a proper Samsung battery of a Chinese knock off

yes it was replaced with an original part that he bought on one of the carrier store

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

with heavy use I always had my S3 connected to a charger whenever I was close to one because it would always drain really quickly. I had a spare battery as backup with me at all times. It's just never had a good battery life.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD