Ultrabook recommendation?

SlimeyStuff

So my dad (which isnt very computer knowledgeable at all) is in the desperate need of a new laptop (his current one is like 10 years old or more) and as im more of a desktop guy and havent touched a laptop (except for my macbook ofc) in a long time im asking you guys what you would recommend.

Under 1000$, can be bought and shipped to Sweden, running windows and maybe a touchscreen would be good?
Preferably with an ssd, (around 250gb maybe?), good battery life, dossnt get too hot or loud, etc.
Dossn't need to be that powerful (he is usually just surfing on it and stuff like that).

Lots of USB ports, a camera, microfone.

Thanks.

Meow.

Better if you can give us a link to where you'll be shopping?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

So my dad (which isnt very computer knowledgeable at all) is in the desperate need of a new laptop (his current one is like 10 years old or more) and as im more of a desktop guy and havent touched a laptop (except for my macbook ofc) in a long time im asking you guys what you would recommend.

Under 1000$, can be bought and shipped to Sweden, running windows and maybe a touchscreen would be good?

Preferably with an ssd, (around 250gb maybe?), good battery life, dossnt get too hot or loud, etc.

Dossn't need to be that powerful (he is usually just surfing on it and stuff like that).

Lots of USB ports, a camera, microfone.

Thanks.

MacBook Air

Starts at $899

Most solid computer you'll ever lay hands on. (can run windows!)

EDIT- it has 128GB of storage, they have RIDICULOUS battery life (9 hours!), and the screen is sharp.

Prisjakt.nu  shows the best prices and all the stores avaible :)

Meow.

MacBook Air

Starts at $899

Most solid computer you'll ever lay hands on. (can run windows!)

EDIT- it has 128GB of storage, they have RIDICULOUS battery life (9 hours!), and the screen is sharp.

Yeah ik ive had the air before it was awesome, ive been thinking of it but it might be too complicated for him (maybe easier if i would install windows on it but that could cause problems? also running windows on 2gb ram might not be a good idea)

Meow.

You will have a hard time finding something better than a MacBook when considering ultra thin notebooks/ultrabooks. Sure if you want a plastic piece of shit like I had which cost 800 euros and broke right after the warranty was over, then sure you might get 1% better specs. It's up to you, but that is my experience.

Yeah ik ive had the air before it was awesome, ive been thinking of it but it might be too complicated for him (maybe easier if i would install windows on it but that could cause problems? also running windows on 2gb ram might not be a good idea)

And what MacBook Air has 2GB of ram??? I have not seen one in a few years??

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 2 14

It does meet the specifications for an Ultrabook and it's 1080p, IPS, touchscreen, 22mm thick, a 14 inch screen, comes with a 256 gb SSD and has a GTX 840m. 

Boot Camp is super-easy to install. Just open the application, and it basically does it for you :D

To be honest though, it he tries out OS X, he might find it WAY easier than Windows. I tried that with my technologically inept mother, and she'd never go back :P

You will have a hard time finding something better than a MacBook when considering ultra thin notebooks/ultrabooks. Sure if you want a plastic piece of shit like I had which cost 800 euros and broke right after the warranty was over, then sure you might get 1% better specs. It's up to you, but that is my experience. And what MacBook Air has 2GB of ram??? I have not seen one in a few years??

Yeah WTF they have a base of 4GB. If he were to go to the $1K limit, he could get a 11" with 8GB of RAM, or a baseline 13"

You will have a hard time finding something better than a MacBook when considering ultra thin notebooks/ultrabooks. Sure if you want a plastic piece of shit like I had which cost 800 euros and broke right after the warranty was over, then sure you might get 1% better specs. It's up to you, but that is my experience. And what MacBook Air has 2GB of ram??? I have not seen one in a few years??

When i had mine (it would be around 3 years old by now tho) it had 2gb ram (was probably the cheapest one)

But you'll have to add in that stuff are more expensive here. 1$ = around 6.6 SEK = macbook air = 1350$ here = too expensive

Meow.

4GB RAM, 8GB on the 11" if you upgrade, and it sitll hits the $1000 budget.

Boot Camp is super-easy to install. Just open the application, and it basically does it for you :D

To be honest though, it he tries out OS X, he might find it WAY easier than Windows. I tried that with my technologically inept mother, and she'd never go back :P

Yeah ik its alot easier but he is 50 years old, he types with his index fingers and he is a teacher and needs to be able to use alot of weird programs and stuff that is weird on osx but ill think about it.

Meow.

Yeah ik its alot easier but he is 50 years old, he types with his index fingers and he is a teacher and needs to be able to use alot of weird programs and stuff that is weird on osx but ill think about it.

I have to say that a MacBook air would be super good if he does teaching, since the battery will last ALL DAY! The most I have seen out of my MacBook Pro is 16 hours of web browsing! 16 FREAKING HOURS!

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

More suggestions please :) (dossnt have to be an ultrabook, could be a notebook or whatever aswell but on the lighter side :P)

Meow.

I have to say that a MacBook air would be super good if he does teaching, since the battery will last ALL DAY! The most I have seen out of my MacBook Pro is 16 hours of web browsing! 16 FREAKING HOURS!

Yeah ik but its ALOT more expensive in sweden :P

Meow.

Yeah ik but its ALOT more expensive in sweden :P

Probably same sort of prices as here in finland

Probably same sort of prices as here in finland

Probably :P The cheapest macbook air is at more than 900 EUR (8300 sek+) 

Meow.

Probably :P The cheapest macbook air is at more than 900 EUR (8300 sek+) 

Cheapest 11 inch MBA here is 929 eur and 1029 for the 13 inc one, so pretty much the same.