Make my own firewall

PKmaniac123

Hello im new here :).The next week i will buy a new pc so i search a little bit and i saw i can make my own firewall with my old pc.I need someone tell me a few things and guide me/help me

Thank you...(sorry my english is not good)

Hello im new here :).The next week i will buy a new pc so i search a little bit and i saw i can make my own firewall with my old pc.I need someone tell me a few things and guide me/help me

Thank you...(sorry my english is not good)

Do I know you from facebook? That picture of Nanika was uploaded by my friend recently!

Do you know how to use Linux? Please give me the specs of your PC?

Do I know you from facebook? That picture of Nanika was uploaded by my friend recently!

Do you know how to use Linux? Please give me the specs of your PC?

Maybe i dont know ;P from?.

Anyway spec:Windows 7 ultimate,CPU: intel core duo E4500 2.20GHz, RAM 2gb,GPU Nvidia geforce 9600 GT

I dont know how to work linux but i want to learn :)

Maybe i dont know ;P from?.

Anyway spec:Windows 7 ultimate,CPU: intel core duo E4500 2.20GHz, RAM 2gb,GPU Nvidia geforce 9600 GT

I dont know how to work linux but i want to learn :)

Do you have Itachi Sharingan in your name? xD

Your Windows 7 must run slow on that system. Do you have 2 Ethernet ports on your PC? If not you will need to buy another NIC. They are fairly cheap, don't worry. It will be used between your Modem and Router.(Internet > Modem > Firewall > Router > Your PC)

To begin building a firewall, you will need to install Linux. Use any distro, I would suggest Lubuntu or Xubuntu for your setup. If you need backup and storage capability you may go for Ubuntu Serve and if you like things to be difficult, you can try FreeBSD, Gentoo or Arch Linux.

Once you have installed your preferred distro and all the latest updates ~ you will need to make a choice between what firewall you wish to use. In my experience, all work equally well, some are older and more cumbersome to use but have many online tutorials.

Here's a list of great firewall to use on your PC: http://www.tecmint.com/open-source-security-firewalls-for-linux-systems/

Do this much ~ and I will guide you through the rest if needed.

Do you have Itachi Sharingan in your name? xD

Your Windows 7 must run slow on that system. Do you have 2 Ethernet ports on your PC? If not you will need to buy another NIC. They are fairly cheap, don't worry. It will be used between your Modem and Router.(Internet > Modem > Firewall > Router > Your PC)

To begin building a firewall, you will need to install Linux. Use any distro, I would suggest Lubuntu or Xubuntu for your setup. If you need backup and storage capability you may go for Ubuntu Serve and if you like things to be difficult, you can try FreeBSD, Gentoo or Arch Linux.

Once you have installed your preferred distro and all the latest updates ~ you will need to make a choice between what firewall you wish to use. In my experience, all work equally well, some are older and more cumbersome to use but have many online tutorials.

Here's a list of great firewall to use on your PC: http://www.tecmint.com/open-source-security-firewalls-for-linux-systems/

Do this much ~ and I will guide you through the rest if needed.

No i dont.Thank you i will start it when i buy my new pc and then if i have any problem/question i will pm you :)

No i dont.Thank you i will start it when i buy my new pc and then if i have any problem/question i will pm you :)

Sure ~also, if you need help in building your new PC ~ just ask :)

I have never use linux so i will start with Xubuntu