How to overclock using EVGA Precision?

KappaKing

How do I overclock, I have always been used to the slider, like how do I dial in the settings, what's the difference between base clock and boost clock? I am so confused :(

Click in the box, after you have selected your oc by typing it in just press enter.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

by box I mean the tiny little section that has the clock speeds listed.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Dont worry about base and boost, to get started all you need to know is to adjust the GPU and memory clock offset. Either bring the slider up or enter a new value by clicking on the +0Mhz label.

How do I overclock, I have always been used to the slider, like how do I dial in the settings, what's the difference between base clock and boost clock? I am so confused :(

base clock is the clock its gonna use when you arent doing anything with your GPU *

the boost clock is when you are gaming or doing something intensive it will go to the boost clock (which is higher then the base clock)

*when your pc is idle your GPU will underclock itself 

hope this helps

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition