Windows 8 Black Theme Black Text

LePawel

Hi,

I spoke to Microsoft Support through live chat few days ago. They told me that it is indeed almost impossible at the moment, to solve this:

windoww.png

but if they get enough reports they will send a request to development team.

As much as it seems total BS, I think if we spam their chats - with manners - and ask for that feature - politely - they willget it through somewhere.

I have been given this reference number: 1205997452 at the end of the conversation, so I think it may come in handy to simplify the process of identifying the problem.

What do you think?

At the moment, I'm attaching a custom theme that (hopefully for you as well) works, thanks to Equinox.

Regards

LePawel

EDIT: Uploaded the file finally.. had to zip it

White on Black.zip

Hate that it does that in Windows 8. Dunno why MS didn't add a "self-adjusting Title bar color" on the Windows 8 Default Theme.

I actually did a workaround the other day and got a custom theme that requires patching the theme .dll files using UXTheme Patcher and this: http://maddada1.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-default-theme-Fix-for-dark-title-bars-347611536

(sorry if posting a dA link is not allowed)

anyways. It fixed the problem but it doesn't look right. Its too white. So I just went back to the default one.

Here's hoping Windows 8.1 addresses this ;)

it is indeed utter b...whitewash....since release there are some options, but like always to treat with caution...

bsofms.jpg

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

Yeah... huge derp on the Windows team's part. At least they had the white glow behind the text in their earlier Aero themes.

woaaaaa, kps those transparent black windows are dope!

PLZ do explain, or is that some sort of rainmeter skin.

Ive been on a quest the past couple days as I am fed up with win8, just doing minor tweaks and such to personalize it  bit more. Its funny though that op is saying something about that. i have my windows black, and have never really bothered to notice that i couldnt read the title. I pretty much know what im lookin @ most of the time anyways so i guess i never really had reason to complain about that.

though kps please explain i'd love that look

Well... I uploaded a theme in original post. If someone could download it and tell me if it's working for everyone it would be great. A temporary solution for Microsoft's laziness. Even their tech support told me it was changed because of the new metro interface (only high contrast themes allow editing separate parts of the interface, and changes can be clearly seen in the metro)

Lastly, pzt, check out classic start menu for win8, great addition to the current blank spot in the corner.

working often at nightly hours i don't wanna get blinded by the screen, so all my progs are black themed or black modded...

i did only minor reg hacks to win8 and have no intention to tinker with the core sys yet; as you can see by the UAC ( imageres.dll can be iffy )...

if you want to experiment with your theme the easy way, try 'UxStyle Core  Beta' and /or UltraUXThemePatcher...

@pzt for the transparent look i use 'System Transparency' by Prisoner, a funny little thing ^^ 

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]