$1000 Gaming PC Build

dZt NA

I currently plan on using:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0

Memory: Corsiar Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 (Blue)

HDD: WD Black 1TB

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Blue)

PSU: Corsair CS650M 80+ Gold

Monitor: Asus VG248QE

Case Fans: Corsiar AF120 (x4), Corsair AF140 (x1)

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition 2014

Am I getting the most for my money?  What parts would you replace?  Prefer to stay as close to 1000 US dollars as possible.

I would save a little more for a better graphics card like a 270x or a 280x but other than that it's look great! Is this your first build?

I would skip the keyboard and buy an SSD for a bootdrive. (aka buy a cheap logitech 20$ keyboard instead)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Forgot one thing if you don't get a better GPU spend 50 bucks on a small SSD to run your OS on.

I would skip the keyboard and buy an SSD for a bootdrive. (aka buy a cheap logitech 20$ keyboard instead)

You beat me by 5 seconds :(

You beat me by 5 seconds :(

Hehe you know what they say. If you're not first, you're last :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I'm using a cheap $10 keyboard that came with my old desktop right now and I can't stand this trash which is why I want a new keyboard.  Yes, this is my first build.  I've heard that the 270 isn't that much different from the 270X as far as performance.

And also, what SSD would you recommend?  The only SSDs I know of are the Intel and Samsung SSDs and both of which are way beyond my needs and price range.

I'm using a cheap $10 keyboard that came with my old desktop right now and I can't stand this trash which is why I want a new keyboard.  Yes, this is my first build.  I've heard that the 270 isn't that much different from the 270X as far as performance.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

And also, what SSD would you recommend?  The only SSDs I know of are the Intel and Samsung SSDs and both of which are way beyond my needs and price range.

The SP600 128GB is $65: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp600s3128gmc

Why get a high frequency TN panel instead of a better looking IPS?

Why the extra fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would save a little more for a better graphics card like a 270x or a 280x but other than that it's look great! Is this your first build?

I'm using a cheap $10 keyboard that came with my old desktop right now and I can't stand this trash which is why I want a new keyboard.  Yes, this is my first build.  I've heard that the 270 isn't that much different from the 270X as far as performance.  What SSD would you recommend?  The only SSDs I know of are the Intel and Samsung SSDs and both of which are way beyond my needs and price range.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

The SP600 128GB is $65: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp600s3128gmc

Why get a high frequency TN panel instead of a better looking IPS?

Why the extra fans?

Will the case fans that come with the NZXT H440 (x3 FN V2 120mm, x1 FN V2 140mm) work well enough?  If you know a better monitor please tell me,  I am really looking to get the most for my money with this build.

I'm using a cheap $10 keyboard that came with my old desktop right now and I can't stand this trash which is why I want a new keyboard.  Yes, this is my first build.  I've heard that the 270 isn't that much different from the 270X as far as performance.  What SSD would you recommend?  The only SSDs I know of are the Intel and Samsung SSDs and both of which are way beyond my needs and price range.

Get a samsung 840 evo it pretty inexpensive but it's the one im getting for my new build. :)

As beautiful as the H440 is, it's also quite expensive.  If you go with a cheaper case, such as the Corsair 200R, you could use that money towards a stronger GPU, like the R9 280.

Also, there are plenty of mechanical keyboards out there.  A cheaper one may help.  Not sure what you're looking at, but cheap TKLs like the CM Quickfire Rapid are popular for gamers(due to being able to position your two hands closer together).  I also like the Corsair K70.  I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 and it has some weird bugs and characteristics with it.  I, however, picked this one up slightly used for 70 bucks shipped, and it works good enough for me.

Will the case fans that come with the NZXT H440 (x3 FN V2 120mm, x1 FN V2 140mm) work well enough?  If you know a better monitor please tell me,  I am really looking to get the most for my money with this build.

They should be plenty. Also, I agree with what @Some Tech Nub said about the case.

How's this look instead? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hz2tK8

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

As beautiful as the H440 is, it's also quite expensive.  If you go with a cheaper case, such as the Corsair 200R, you could use that money towards a stronger GPU, like the R9 280.

Also, there are plenty of mechanical keyboards out there.  A cheaper one may help.  Not sure what you're looking at, but cheap TKLs like the CM Quickfire Rapid are popular for gamers(due to being able to position your two hands closer together).  I also like the Corsair K70.  I have the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 and it has some weird bugs and characteristics with it.  I, however, picked this one up slightly used for 70 bucks shipped, and it works good enough for me.

They should be plenty. Also, I agree with what @Some Tech Nub said about the case.

How's this look instead? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hz2tK8

I could just get an SSD and wait until October to get a keyboard.  What I want to know is how much this SSD will improve the system's performance. If I do switch to the Corsair 200R are the fans that come with them good?

I could just get an SSD and wait until October to get a keyboard.  What I want to know is how much this SSD will improve the system's performance. If I do switch to the Corsair 200R are the fans that come with them good?

Getting a ssd makes all the difference in the world. 

The fans that come with the system are alright at best like most generic corsair fans. 

Getting a ssd makes all the difference in the world. 

The fans that come with the system are alright at best like most generic corsair fans. 

Revised:

Case: Corsair 200R

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270

SSD: ADATA Premier Pro 128GB

PSU: Corsair CS650M

Monitor: AOC i2267fw

Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK

Revised:

Case: Corsair 200R

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270

SSD: ADATA Premier Pro 128GB

PSU: Corsair CS650M

Monitor: AOC i2267fw

Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK

That's worse than what I suggested.

That's worse than what I suggested.

Would you recommend overclocking for first time builders?

Would you recommend overclocking for first time builders?

Sure. It's quite easy nowadays. 

Sure. It's not much different than the last build you linked except it's just more expensive.