Fan Setup - Two Closed Loops

Hello.  I am needing a bit of advice.  I recently did some more cooling changes to my rig, and now I am a little confused.  I am wanting to make sure that I get the airflow the best possible, but I cannot think of a real way on how I should have the fans set up.  First, here is my rig:

Case:  NZXT Phantom 630

MoBo:  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 (currently 4.3GHz, undervolted slightly from stock)

CPU Cooling:  NZXT Kraken X60

GPU:  Gigabyte AMD 7970 GHz Edition

GPU Cooling:  NZXT Kraken X40/G10 (there was enough clearance to keep VRM heatsink on)

I currently have things set up a bit weird, and I am really thinking it isn't very optimal.  Here is my current fan and rad setup

X60 top mounted; push/pull, exhaust

X40 bottom mounted; push/pull, exhaust

200mm NZXT fan (came with case) front, intake

140mm NZXT fan (came with case) rear, intake

I am using Antec TrueQuiet 140mm fans for the radiators.

My original thinking on this was that there would be a lot of airflow for both radiators, and since it was being separated by the graphics card, it wouldn't generate too much turbulence.  My temps on my rig are pretty good, but I feel like I should be getting better.  Under full load, the CPU reaches around 55C core, and the GPU reaches 60C.  However, this requires me to crank up the fan speed quite a bit, and this really eliminates the main reason I wanted to water cool.  I am thinking I might just need to replace the fans with better CFM, but I am just not sure that it isn't just my fan orientation.  Does anyone have any recommendations on this?  The only thing I cannot do is move my radiators.  My case allows for a 140mm radiator to be mounted on the back, but routing the tubing for the X40 is extremely difficult, and it would require a bit of cutting to keep my X60 on the top.  Also, does anyone have any recommendations on fans for the radiators?  I would like them to be 3-pin, so I can use the fan controller included with my case.  Thanks for reading!

Hello.  I am needing a bit of advice.  I recently did some more cooling changes to my rig, and now I am a little confused.  I am wanting to make sure that I get the airflow the best possible, but I cannot think of a real way on how I should have the fans set up.  First, here is my rig:

Case:  NZXT Phantom 630

MoBo:  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 (currently 4.3GHz, undervolted slightly from stock)

CPU Cooling:  NZXT Kraken X60

GPU:  Gigabyte AMD 7970 GHz Edition

GPU Cooling:  NZXT Kraken X40/G10 (there was enough clearance to keep VRM heatsink on)

I currently have things set up a bit weird, and I am really thinking it isn't very optimal.  Here is my current fan and rad setup

X60 top mounted; push/pull, exhaust

X40 bottom mounted; push/pull, exhaust

200mm NZXT fan (came with case) front, intake

140mm NZXT fan (came with case) rear, intake

I am using Antec TrueQuiet 140mm fans for the radiators.

My original thinking on this was that there would be a lot of airflow for both radiators, and since it was being separated by the graphics card, it wouldn't generate too much turbulence.  My temps on my rig are pretty good, but I feel like I should be getting better.  Under full load, the CPU reaches around 55C core, and the GPU reaches 60C.  However, this requires me to crank up the fan speed quite a bit, and this really eliminates the main reason I wanted to water cool.  I am thinking I might just need to replace the fans with better CFM, but I am just not sure that it isn't just my fan orientation.  Does anyone have any recommendations on this?  The only thing I cannot do is move my radiators.  My case allows for a 140mm radiator to be mounted on the back, but routing the tubing for the X40 is extremely difficult, and it would require a bit of cutting to keep my X60 on the top.  Also, does anyone have any recommendations on fans for the radiators?  I would like them to be 3-pin, so I can use the fan controller included with my case.  Thanks for reading!

you could just get a good aircooler and turn the rear intake back into an exhaust both closed loops you have are low end ones and a lot of aircoolers work a lot better than them

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

you could just get a good aircooler and turn the rear intake back into an exhaust both closed loops you have are low end ones and a lot of aircoolers work a lot better than them

Since when?  Every review I have found online has said that the Kraken series are two of the best closed-loop coolers you can get, and even the reviews by Linus state this.

Since when?  Every review I have found online has said that the Kraken series are two of the best closed-loop coolers you can get, and even the reviews by Linus state this.

Sorry I was thinking of the corsair series coolers but still turn the rear fan into an exhaust and that should help but still I don't think 55c under load is high for a cpu and neither is 60c for a video card

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

Sorry I was thinking of the corsair series coolers but still turn the rear fan into an exhaust and that should help but still I don't think 55c under load is high for a cpu and neither is 60c for a video card

OK.  You had me scared for a bit.  lol

I went ahead and swapped my back fan around.  Doesn't appear to change the temps at all.  I will probably just pick up some better fans.  These Antecs were just what a local shop had in stock.  Do you have any recommendations on rad fans?  I am thinking on going with Swiftech Helix.  Inexpensive, and from what I have read, pretty good.

OK.  You had me scared for a bit.  lol

I went ahead and swapped my back fan around.  Doesn't appear to change the temps at all.  I will probably just pick up some better fans.  These Antecs were just what a local shop had in stock.  Do you have any recommendations on rad fans?  I am thinking on going with Swiftech Helix.  Inexpensive, and from what I have read, pretty good.

aslong as they are static pressure fans you should be good

aslong as they are static pressure fans you should be good

Yeah.  I had no clue it made such a difference.  I just bought what my local shop had in stock.  I am relatively new to water cooling, hence why I went with CLCs this build.  My next build will be a custom loop, though.

Thanks again for the help!

Yeah.  I had no clue it made such a difference.  I just bought what my local shop had in stock.  I am relatively new to water cooling, hence why I went with CLCs this build.  My next build will be a custom loop, though.

Thanks again for the help!

Yup :)

Generally you want to have the coolers be intake rather than exhaust since usually your room's air will be cooler than the air in your case, so if internal temps at 55C you won't get any cooler than that