Legit or not?

Quantzer
Go to solution Solved by BoredErica,

But why is it like that taxes or what?

MSRP stands of manufacturer suggested retail price. It's a suggestion. I saw the price gap firsthand for Sennheiser products. For sure Amazon will be cheaper, even when buying brand new. And even cheaper if secondhand (Amazon is a great place to get secondhand).

Sennheiser looooves to sell things as high as they can. They'll get mad at retailers that sell below a certain threshold (Amazon is fine) and not even offer warranty if bought from 'non-certified retailers' from what I've heard. Amazon's probably like, 'nooooope' but of course can't sell ridiculously low or Sennheiser's gonna mad.

So I have been looking for good headphones and ran into Sennheiser's HD558 When I was looking price at their site it was...a bit too high(180€). Then I searched for it on amazon and I saw a 130$price!?!?!?!? I mean how can they be cheaper there than on official site.Can someone tell me if they are genuine headphones or just a fake?

Official site http://en-de.sennheiser.com/audio-headphones-high-end-hd-558

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FEEY9A/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

post-86994-0-73107400-1403371866.png

offical sites are always bloody expensive, my rat 7 was £60 on amazon and £100 on the cyborg site.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So I have been looking for good headphones and ran into Sennheiser's HD558 When I was looking price at their site it was...a bit too high(180€). Then I searched for it on amazon and I saw a 130$price!?!?!?!? I mean how can they be cheaper there than on official site.Can someone tell me if they are genuine headphones or just a fake?

Official site http://en-de.sennheiser.com/audio-headphones-high-end-hd-558

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FEEY9A/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Its legit. Senheiser prices are just the MSRP. Amazon sells them cheaper. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

don't by from the official manufacturer, it's too expensive, buy from other Stores online 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

But why is it like that taxes or what?

MSRP stands of manufacturer suggested retail price. It's a suggestion. I saw the price gap firsthand for Sennheiser products. For sure Amazon will be cheaper, even when buying brand new. And even cheaper if secondhand (Amazon is a great place to get secondhand).

Sennheiser looooves to sell things as high as they can. They'll get mad at retailers that sell below a certain threshold (Amazon is fine) and not even offer warranty if bought from 'non-certified retailers' from what I've heard. Amazon's probably like, 'nooooope' but of course can't sell ridiculously low or Sennheiser's gonna mad.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?