ITX PCI Slots

hi everyone,

I was just wondering why don't they make the P8Z77 I-Deluxe with on PCI slot to the left of the socket and one to the right? Surely this would increase your gaming/sound/networking potential.

It would enable you to run 2 full size dual slot graphics cards.

The only problem is case manufacturers would have to add four slots to accomadate such things.

i would love to build a sweet liquid cooled ITX machine.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Yeah, but the problem is this card has a whole riser card on that side to fit all of the power management to effectively overclock the CPU. Thats part of what makes that board so great, in that you can overclock it just as much as a full ATX sized motherboard. 

hi everyone,

I was just wondering why don't they make the P8Z77 I-Deluxe with on PCI slot to the left of the socket and one to the right? Surely this would increase your gaming/sound/networking potential.

It would enable you to run 2 full size dual slot graphics cards.

The only problem is case manufacturers would have to add four slots to accomadate such things.

i would love to build a sweet liquid cooled ITX machine.

It's a space constraint. You need room for VRM and CPU cooling, and you need room for RAM slots. ITX is a VERY small motherboard, it's pretty much impossible to fit 2 PCI Express devices on it. 1 is already pushing it.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Yeah, but the problem is this card has a whole riser card on that side to fit all of the power management to effectively overclock the CPU. Thats part of what makes that board so great, in that you can overclock it just as much as a full ATX sized motherboard. 

Yeah its too bad that they couldn't ka-jigger it around and make it work.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

It's a space constraint. You need room for VRM and CPU cooling, and you need room for RAM slots. ITX is a VERY small motherboard, it's pretty much impossible to fit 2 PCI Express devices on it. 1 is already pushing it.

You could liquid cool it though to avoid having clearance issues with the cards.

Ahd what about a 2011 socket? that would be beast. The only place you can get that is in the X79 version of the shuttle PC.

Ahd what about a 2011 socket? that would be beast. The only place you can get that is in the X79 version of the shuttle PC.

A 2011 socket would take up the entire board :p just kidding. It's possible, but they'll have to cram everything together, even more so than they already do.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

A 2011 socket would take up the entire board :P just kidding. It's possible, but they'll have to cram everything together, even more so than they already do

right you are. They could add another daughter board along with the extra power stages they added on the deluxe.