Cherry MX Browns or Cherry MX Reds? Gaming

Bit8xPr0

You may choose what ever you like between the two. I recently switched from membrane to reds.

With the membrane I had some wrist aches because of the force needed to press the buttons. Guess it was't quite normal board, but the switches are a lot lighter.

And immediately after switching I had a problem with hitting the keys with excessive force or by accident. I got used to them and now I just love the smoothness of those switches. I do gaming, use the keyboard as piano keys while composing, and write. It is not the best for writing, but browns were just awful for composing. I might have got used to those as well, who knows.

And btw, if you pour soda on your keyboard, it doesn't matter whether it has reds or browns. Pain in ass to clean the switch mechanisms anyway :P

Intel i7-4770K temperatures with stock cooler:

(CPU usage % + 100)/2

http://prntscr.com/8137dw

Hey guys I've been using a membrane keyboard for my whole life and have been wanting to buy a mechanical one since my birthday is July 6th and I'll be gettings some dough. I heard Reds are better for gaming and typing and browns are just better for gaming. I like the feel of a membrane keyboard but faster response would be better. I've been leaning reds and have wanted the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Cherry MX Reds when they go on sale to at least $80. Should I get a Rapid Red or buy a Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth. Any good keyboard recommendations are okay as long as they are as short and ten keyless as I find them a stupid reason for my hand to be more left without making my mouse too far away. Thanks.

It is ALL preference. I have blues and all that "for gaming" is pretty much bs.... It depends on what You like. Do you like noise? Do you like to feel a bump? Do you like a low actuation point. I suggest go to a computer store that has different types of switches out and try them.

It is ALL preference. I have blues and all that "for gaming" is pretty much bs.... It depends on what You like. Do you like noise? Do you like to feel a bump? Do you like a low actuation point. I suggest go to a computer store that has different types of switches out and try them.

Exactly this. Don't make a decision solely based on what people and switch guides will tell you and let your own fingers decide on what keyboard that you'd be most comfortable with.

My local computer hardware store had a CM Storm mechanical keyswitch cluster that allowed me to test out the 6 different Cherry switches. I went in convinced that I was going to love the brown switches based on recommendations and what I read about the switch...

Turns out the browns were my least favorite switch of the bunch! I hated the red switch, and since my fingers actuate the keys like it's nobodies business, the brown just felt like a very mushy red to me. It almost felt like the key was a sticky red, kind of like there was some sugary fluid in the switch or something.

My favorite switch was actually the green switch and the blue was a close second, but I was pretty content going with a blue switch for my setup and would be quite disappointed if I didn't try out the switches myself and went with the browns! :P

bloomfield is teh bes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Try them. If you can't, order a sampler kit from wasdkeyboards: 

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-sampler-kit.html#ad-image-0

I personally find reds feel a bit too soft. I have browns and love htem. You can mash reds faster though, so if you are a competetive player in games where you have to mash buttons as fast and accurate as possible, like osu!, you might want the reds, but the absense of the tactility throws many people off.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE