New Water Cooling Loop

I have been meaning to water cool my PC for a while now and would really appreciate some advice with the pieces of hardware I am going for. This is my first ever loop and I really want to do it justice, but it is hard for me to go with a good color combination without overdoing it.

I am going with a Black/Red ROG theme (I got the Maximus VI Formula)

Here is the list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S9H3O7dwa95yFm3WMtGPWzMpZ37141hVyR9yzDRcGTA/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance! :D

Join the Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate in Star Citizen 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Enlist NOW to join the fleet!!!

I have been meaning to water cool my PC for a while now and would really appreciate some advice with the pieces of hardware I am going for. This is my first ever loop and I really want to do it justice, but it is hard for me to go with a good color combination without overdoing it.

I am going with a Black/Red ROG theme (I got the Maximus VI Formula)

Here is the list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S9H3O7dwa95yFm3WMtGPWzMpZ37141hVyR9yzDRcGTA/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance! :D

You are forgeting water blocks

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

They are in the second page

Oops didnt see a second page

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I updated the list

to be honest i would add more then just that 120.3 rad as you have 3 blocks. i would suggest atleast adding a 120.1 to make sure you have enough for overclocking and to also turn down the fans

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

to be honest i would add more then just that 120.3 rad as you have 3 blocks. i would suggest atleast adding a 120.1 to make sure you have enough for overclocking and to also turn down the fans

I could put another 360 rad and lower the speeds even more; it fits in the case

dunna know if you'll like the issues of a roof and front 360. thin is fair, but

at the intersection of the roof and front rad will be tight on space, fan-flow

and tube routing. i didn't care for my 2x 360 in the H440 for those reasons.

using a 240x 30 in the roof and 360x 60 in the front could work. others

with the H440 did not like the 2x 360 issues either.

dunna know if you'll like the issues of a roof and front 360. thin is fair, but

at the intersection of the roof and front rad will be tight on space, fan-flow

and tube routing. i didn't care for my 2x 360 in the H440 for those reasons.

using a 240x 30 in the roof and 360x 60 in the front could work. others

with the H440 did not like the 2x 360 issues either.

Is the clearance issue that bad in this case?

@capta1n_beans

can get really cluttered in that corner. the front roof fan is going to be restricted.

-picture of a really blocked fan

An idea i got is to put the fans on the front/top of the case where that could be less of an issue; that combined with the thinner rads could solve this issue (maybe)

I would go a more reputable company for fittings just because I have never heard of that company. Bitspower and Alphacool are pretty good. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I would go a more reputable company for fittings just because I have never heard of that company. Bitspower and Alphacool are pretty good.

Modmytoys are actually a very good watercooling company.

I would stick with the fittings but add another rad, because my view is that you should have as many rads as possible.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

@capta1n_beans

you cannot move the fans to the top, no room to reinstall the roof panel. cannot

move fans to front of chassis as the front panel will not reinstall. that rad is a 60mm

and half would still restrict the forward fan position.

I would go with alpha cool radiators.

Why?

@capta1n_beans

you cannot move the fans to the top, no room to reinstall the roof panel. cannot

move fans to front of chassis as the front panel will not reinstall. that rad is a 60mm

and half would still restrict the forward fan position.

So the fans only have to go in the case area after the panels or do they have to be on the inward facing side of the case?

Also should I get red or black tubing?

Modmytoys are actually a very good watercooling company.

I would stick with the fittings but add another rad, because my view is that you should have as many rads as possible.

Really? Wow never heard of them. Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Really? Wow never heard of them. Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. 

They mod the monsoon fittings by putting carbon fiber on them which gives them an incredibly good aesthetic.

They mod the monsoon fittings by putting carbon fiber on them which gives them an incredibly good aesthetic.

I like my black alphacool Compression fittings aesthetic even though I wanted the chrome. But frozen CPU was out of chrome. 

So the fans only have to go in the case area after the panels or do they have to be on the inward facing side of the case?

they attach inside the chassis and the panels have minimal room underneath

for clearances (even with the sound damping removed). 

I like my black alphacool Compression fittings aesthetic even though I wanted the chrome. But frozen CPU was out of chrome. 

To be fair they do look good but you can't deny that these look really good as well.

62670.jpg

they attach inside the chassis and the panels have minimal room underneath

for clearances (even with the sound damping removed). 

I could try modding it?

To be fair they do look good but you can't deny that these look really good as well.

62670.jpg

I could try modding it?

To be honest I think that looks gaudy. 

To be honest I think that looks gaudy.

It may look that way but in a build it looks like a very classy detail. But everyone has their opinion

Is a single pump enough for the whole loop? I have seen many loops with a dual pump setup and I don´t know if I should get them as well.