Raid Help

HaydenMadeEm

I recently just build my first computer. I'm trying to setup Raid 1. I have an intel ssd for my boot drive and 2 wd reds for my storage. If I don't have raid setup windows will locate the drive and let me boot windows onto it. But when I setup raid and try to install windows 8 onto my ssd it says "cannot locate drives". I am using the asus maximus IV black edition motherboard. Any help is greatly appreciated! and i'm not sure if this was the best thread location so don't get mad if it's in the wrong spot! :]

Currently installing onto the ssd and then planning on trying to setup raid after it's installed and see if it works. But i tried it earlier and when I tried to boot it said "windows has encountered an error" and wouldn't ever let me boot up, so we'll see if it'll let me this time.

You need the RAID drivers for Windows 8 from ASUS, the ones usually labeled for floppy or F6 install. Unzip those to a thumb drive (aka USB memory stick) and when you are presented with the where do you want to install the OS click the add drivers button and add the RAID drivers, then RAID arrays will be recognized. If you are going to use RAID set the BIOS for it from day one, switching it later will only cause you pain and suffering.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.