Case for air cooling

HardstyleHorse
Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

Okey and would you replace all default fans that are delivered? 

Nope. I'd leave the 140mm rear exhaust fan and put the three front intake fans as top exhausts. That's the cheapest way for a air cooled PC case. You could go with a budget CPU air cooler like the 212 Evo since you're not overclocking. 

Hello guys,

I'm look for a new Mid-Tower case. Currently I'm using the Cooler Master HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Big-Tower but I don't like it anymore. 

My thought went on four cases:

- H440

- Define R4

- Phantom 410

Keep in mind that I'm just using air coolers and I'm not a OCer. (The only thing could be a WC for my CPU)

So do you reccomend one of the above mentioned cases or would you rather buy another one. Let me know.

Thanks in advance!

- HardstyleHorse

Well if you're planning on building a custom water cooling loop in the future I'd go for a full tower case, especially if it's your first time. The extra space will give you extra headroom for not so perfect tubing and cable management. Out of the cases you posted I'd go with the H440. It looks great and is built for silence. You'll definitely need some pressure optimized intake fans tho. The air is pretty restricted in the H440 due to all the sound dampening material and fan filters. Both 280mm and 240mm AIO CPU cooler will fit in the H440. If you want a case that's really optimized for airflow and is a bit different (cube form) I'd go for the Corsair 540 Air. They also have great mid towers if you want a more traditional case form like the 450D and 650D. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You could look at the Corsair Air cases.

Corsair Carbide Air 540, I have one and its one of the best air cooling cases I have gotten so far, all the cables can be hidden away and out of the main chamber for much better airflow. It can also be used for 2 dual 140mm rads for watercooling if you want to.

Accidentally pooped my pants in the elevator.

I'm taking this shit to a whole new level.

Well if you're planning on building a custom water cooling loop in the future I'd go for a full tower case, especially if it's your first time. The extra space will give you extra headroom for not so perfect tubing and cable management. Out of the cases you posted I'd go with the H440. It looks great and is built for silence. You'll definitely need some pressure optimized intake fans tho. The air is pretty restricted in the H440 due to all the sound dampening material and fan filters. Both 280mm and 240mm AIO CPU cooler will fit in the H440. If you want a case that's really optimized for airflow and is a bit different (cube form) I'd go for the Corsair 540 Air. They also have great mid towers if you want a more traditional case form like the 450D and 650D. 

So what pressure optimized intake fans could you reccomend me for the H440?

Corsair Carbide Air 540, I have one and its one of the best air cooling cases I have gotten so far, all the cables can be hidden away and out of the main chamber for much better airflow. It can also be used for 2 dual 140mm rads for watercooling if you want to.

I just looked it up and it looks great in terms of air cooling. The problem there is that I don't really like the look of the case and the fact that it lacks enough HDD bays.. 

I just looked it up and it looks great in terms of air cooling. The problem there is that I don't really like the look of the case and the fact that it lacks enough HDD bays.. 

This is true. It isent a problem for me as I only require an ssd slot and 1 hard drive slot and the rest of my storage is in a NAS system. Might I suggest some cooler master HAF series cases then. HAF does stand for High Air Flow.

This is true. It isent a problem for me as I only require an ssd slot and 1 hard drive slot and the rest of my storage is in a NAS system. Might I suggest some cooler master HAF series cases then. HAF does stand for High Air Flow.

Actually I have a HAF at the moment. 

So what pressure optimized intake fans could you reccomend me for the H440?

If you want the best, Noctua NF-12's or Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro's. They come at a premium price but are worth every penny. Corsair SP120's are good too and a bit cheaper. A good setup for the H440 would be investing in 3x NF-F12's or SP120's for the front intake and going with 3x cheap 140mm fans. Two for top exhaust, 1 for rear exhaust.

Actually I have a HAF at the moment. 

Right, I should learn to read the entire OP before I post....How about the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

The 450D is a pretty good choice, plus it is optimal for air cooling, though there are better options, the H440 is good, but it is lacking in the front for ventilation due to the solid design 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

If you want the best, Noctua NF-12's or Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro's. They come at a premium price but are worth every penny. Corsair SP120's are good too and a bit cheaper. A good setup for the H440 would be investing in 3x NF-F12's or SP120's for the front intake and going with 3x cheap 140mm fans. Two for top exhaust, 1 for rear exhaust.

Right, I should learn to read the entire OP before I post....How about the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

It looks quite nice but I mentioned in my first post that I'd like to have a Mid-Tower ;)

It looks quite nice but I mentioned in my first post that I'd like to have a Mid-Tower ;)

As they say, bigger is better, or something.

Nope. I'd leave the 140mm rear exhaust fan and put the three front intake fans as top exhausts. That's the cheapest way for a air cooled PC case. You could go with a budget CPU air cooler like the 212 Evo since you're not overclocking. 

As they say, bigger is better, or something.

But on the other hand beauty is a beast.. Kinda sick of the Big-Tower standing under my desk. Want a fresh new look :)

Thanks for your advice! Really appreciate it. Yeah I already have got a custom CPU cooler. I'm currently running the be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1. 

Corsair 540 or 450D would be a good choice. If you can wait for the new Phanteks Enthoo Pro then that looks like a really good case. It is due out in July here in the UK, although if you are Stateside it might be out sooner.