Got a HD6990 want to upgrade, but should I right now?

Hi there! 
So my story is basically that I want to upgrade from my HD6990 to a single core top end Nvidia GPU. I'm going for a much more cool and quiet PC from now on and the AMD just isn't quiet and cool enough.
Plus I'm a real sucker for PhysX and have actually put the latest Physx games on hold until I could play them with a Nvidia GPU. Was using cracked drivers and a low end nvidia gpu back in the day but the drivers just stopped working. 
So to my question. I'm not in the biggest hurry but I really want a upgrade asap. But should I wait until the next line of nvidia GPU's or just go for a 780ti? 
What would you do? 

physx isnt worth it because so few games use it and most games still run on a 6990 so i see no reason to upgrade right now 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed