First Watercooling Rig

Here is my rig so far:http://pcpartpicker.com/user/excalibrax/saved/1AFP

Here are my questions 1. Should I go with dual pumps with this setup, Looking to go Cpu->Mosfets->Titan as block flow then normal Radiator to res to pump. 2. I am looking to make a silent setup as I sleep in the same room as my computer. Should I go with full double tripple rads or stick with the tripple plus double. 3. If I do go with the dual pump setup should I just go Resivoir ->pump -> pump Or should I buy one of those dual block pumps like the swifttech. 4. If I go with the mcp35x2 I am assuming I should get the heatsink with it as well and run a fan on that for saftey, or will that also lower the temps in my overall loop? 5. Also going with this setup assuming the mcp35x2 what sort of wattage power supply should I be going for? I am thinking 1000w, but should I go for more?

Don't even think about watercooling if you don't have an overclockable CPU . Get the 3770k , it's worth the extra money..

-no need of dual pumps if you're not going for dual loop ( which I don't recommend)

- 1000w is ok for one gpu and watercooling. Since you're getting 900D, you should get the most rad space lower rpm fans for the most quiet experience

1. Order doesn't matter.

2.I would go with as much rad as your case can fit, I think a quad 120/140 can fit in the bottom and another quad in the top?

3. 1 D5 is good enough for your loop

4 again, why 2 pumps? 2 pumps will create more heat

5 1000wat power supply is overkill here. 700-900 would be better. If you intend to go sli titans I would get a 1000+.

Don't even think about watercooling if you don't have an overclocable CPU . Get the 3770k , it's worth the extra money..

the 3770 is overclockable, it just has a partially locked multiplier

Here is my rig so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WVbM

Here are my questions

1. Should I go with dual pumps with this setup, Looking to go Cpu->Mosfets->Titan as block flow then normal Radiator to res to pump.

2. I am looking to make a silent setup as I sleep in the same room as my computer. Should I go with full double tripple rads or stick with the tripple plus double.

3. If I do go with the dual pump setup should I just go Resivoir ->pump -> pump Or should I buy one of those dual block pumps like the swifttech.

4. If I go with the mcp35x2 I am assuming I should get the heatsink with it as well and run a fan on that for saftey, or will that also lower the temps in my overall loop?

5. Also going with this setup assuming the mcp35x2 what sort of wattage power supply should I be going for? I am thinking 1000w, but should I go for more?

yeah, sierra is right, use the 3770k, if not you have spent a lot of money for really no gain other than vanity and

15° cooler temps under load from a high end air-cooler.

blue RAM in a ROG red board?

1a. dual pumps no, not needed unless a 24/7 rig for redundancy for failure.

2a. single 360x 60mm radiator and SP120/F12 fans will cool it down enough and a second GPU

and you will need another 240x 60mm radiator.

3a. res->pump/pump->system->res

4a. yes, heat sink(s) and fan(s) for those pumps. they get hot enough to fail.

5a. 650-750 for single GPU, 850 for SLI

watch this video on titan water-cooling...

airdeano

the 3770 is overclockable, it just has a partially locked multiplier

Yes but I meant watercooling is epic overkill for a locked multiplier. I would keep the 1000w in case he wants to go dual titan. :)

I missed the part about the k, and thought that was the model I had choosen Thanks for that catch!.

I have read a lot about watercooling and was not sure if the dual pumps would be overkill, It seems like it would be at this point. So looks like I'll be cutting down to 1 pump and increasing the size of the rads. And yes eventually I was thinking of going dual titan, Not out the gate though.

The Memory is just a placeholder atm, till I track down something that matches, Right now I am waiting for the Haswell annoucement. I havent decided on if I am going to stick with this setup or go with the new Processor, and if I stick with this setup the prices should drop wtih the new product coming out.

You mentioned unless 24/7 about the dual pump. I do normally leave my current computer on 24/7, but I thought Lian pumps are generally good in terms of life and quality, Should I be concerned about running only 1 pump if I leave this on all the time?

If you keep your pump connected to cpu-fan connector it may warn you if it fails , I don't know how it works.

edit : Also I would recommend g.skill memory if you go for red theme

Laing pumps are pretty durable, but the compact DDC does have its short-falls..

ive burned a couple up using from 100%, 85%, 45% duty-cycle and found that

the PCB does get warm.. just know what the risks are for 24/7 usage.. redundancy.

airdeano

I've updated the list for what I want to do, now just to add fans, hose, and connectors into the mix for cost. I decided on the dual pump for pure redundancy. Understanding I don't Need that, but for a build like this it helps keep things on the safe side. Although I may be tempted just to turn things off when I am not home as well. Thanks everyone for your help. I work third shift was surprised at how quickly I got a response.