Which cordless handtool system should i choose? (18 V or more, Europe)

_Omega_

Hello,

i am currently looking into buying some new handtool for diy projects and i guess now would be a smart time to think about wich Battery system/brand to commit to. 

i already own a Metabo cordless drill, some batteries and a charger but im not sure if i should stay with Metabo or if i should change to another system now before i realize later when i have bought more tools. I specified Europe as some of the brands commonly found in north America are not as common here ore not even available.

Brands i would consider the most as there are very common here and have good compatibility:

Metabo(+ all other CAS compatible tools), Bosch blue (+ compatible Fein tools), Makita.

Less common but still available:

DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi, i bet there are more that i cant think off, like there is also Festool but thats just unreasonably costly for home use... 

I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic. Thank you in advance. 

If you're doing DIY projects once in a blue moon, then you really don't need to overthink which system to invest in.

I personally like wasting money on quality tools that I don't full utilize so I went straight for the Milwaukee 8-tool kit from Home Depot which was 600 USD as a bundle but normally 1000 USD individually.

What home improvement retailers are in in Europe? In USA our big 2 are Home Depot and Lowe's.

Don't forget that Amazon Prime day is coming up, so be on the lookout for tool bundles!

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I personally bought into the DeWalt 18V system and it served me really well so far. The tools and batteries last a long time and are pretty good quality. But whatever you choose, try to never buy tools with brushed motors when you want to use them more than once in a blue moon. Brushless tools have more power, have a higher efficiency and last a lot longer, since there are no brushes to wear out.

In fairness, most of the other good systems should be very close in quality. So its actually best you have a look at what you need and might need in the future and have a look which company has the best tools for that at the best price.