Hard drive transfering software

Any good ones? Im transferring from a 500GB hard drive to a 840 Pro 256GB. How would I approach this? I want all my programs and the OS, of course.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Clonezilla

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Samsung has their own mirroring software that they'll provide you. It should be included with the SSD itself

I think that's a bundle you pay extra for.

I just used the built in windows stuff, but then you'll need a spare drive. First, make sure the disk isn't bigger than the SSD, go into disk manager and shrink your volume. Then go into the backup and recovery thingy in control panel and make a disk image to the spare drive. Create a recovery cd while you're at it. Shut down, unplug the old drive (I like to do this to keep it safe), boot from the recovery cd and restore the disk image you just created to the SSD

you don't need to pay extra for the Samsung cloning software, you can either get it online or off the CD that is included with your SSD. You have to pay more for the version that has like the upgrade kit that has like bracket+ sata/power cable / USB. I just did that for my cousin 2 weeks ago with the 128gb Pro version. Not hard at all. Just make sure your original hard drive takes up less space than the capacity of the SSD

So what do I do to go from a bigger hard drive to a smaller one?...-.-

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850