PC Fully Crashes While Playing AC Valhalla

2Geeky

I'm running a Ryzen 5900X, Strix 3080, 32GB DDR4 3600, and two 1TB WD Black m.2s. I had not had any issues prior to recently adding a second monitor to my rig. After adding the new monitor, games like Battlefield and Ace Combat were crashing the PC. I recently download Assassin's Creed Valhalla to play, but I haven't even been able to start it. The game makes it as far as the intro cutscene right after you time hop into adulthood and then the whole PC turns off as though I shut it down. When I turn it on, I get no codes or alarms of any crash having happened. I tried disconnecting the second monitor to see if that would help but it does not. Any ideas what could be causing my problems here? Any help is much appreciated.

5 hours ago, 2Geeky said:

I'm running a Ryzen 5900X, Strix 3080, 32GB DDR4 3600, and two 1TB WD Black m.2s. I had not had any issues prior to recently adding a second monitor to my rig. After adding the new monitor, games like Battlefield and Ace Combat were crashing the PC. I recently download Assassin's Creed Valhalla to play, but I haven't even been able to start it. The game makes it as far as the intro cutscene right after you time hop into adulthood and then the whole PC turns off as though I shut it down. When I turn it on, I get no codes or alarms of any crash having happened. I tried disconnecting the second monitor to see if that would help but it does not. Any ideas what could be causing my problems here? Any help is much appreciated.

sounds like lack of power, what PSU are you running that 3080 on? 

17 hours ago, Robchil said:

sounds like lack of power, what PSU are you running that 3080 on? 

EVGA Supernova 850 Gold

5 hours ago, 2Geeky said:

EVGA Supernova 850 Gold

G1 2 3 4 5? ..  how old is it?  good PSU.. my 1600 one is a G2 from 2017... 

10 hours ago, Robchil said:

G1 2 3 4 5? ..  how old is it?  good PSU.. my 1600 one is a G2 from 2017... 

Uhhhh GA? It's a little over 2yrs old at this point.

Update - OK, so I did a few things. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and un-installed a majority of ArmouryCrate related stuff. I left things like the ASUS Motherboard, Fan Expert, and VOG cause to be totally honest, I have no clue what they do or if they're needed and I was terrified to uninstall and potentially brick my PC or potentially stop the fans on the GPU running. Think it would be OK to uninstall the rest of it? I already un-installed Lite Service, Gaming Service, and the actual ArmouryCrate file I think technically the things I left behind are useless without ArmouryCrate actually installed right? I also un-installed a bunch of other games and things that I just don't play or use at all anymore.
Then I did what you recommended and used DDU to uninstall all my drivers and did a clean download of the drivers. I managed to make it through the Valhalla intro cutscene and start playing the game but then it crashed again while playing at random