Planning on replacing my linkbuds

1eric1

In a few months I'm prolly gonna have to replace my linkbuds. The right side is sucking my case battery dry every night, and is buzzing for low frequencies.

I wonder if anyone else knows of anything similar I can replace to.

My top three options rn

Get my third pair of the Sony Linkbudd. Only problem is, as you can see, is that I'm already on my second pair, and they need replacing again. They have reliability issues. I somehow lost my receipt so I can't do a warranty claim.

Shockz openfit, saw it recently from short circuit, only problem is that the case is gigantic, I'm worried the hook would sore my ears, and I would like a better eq.

And I've also been looking at the Samsung beans. Problem being mainly the touch controls.

Why do I want those kind of wireless headphones in the first place?

The reasons I chose the linkbuds in the first place was because
I want to be able to hear my surroundings, listen for people trying to get my attention, and I don't want something stuffed inside my ear. The linkbuds are super comfortable and if it isn't playing, I would forget it is in there

If there are no other options, I'll consider beats fits pro

I love using Apple AirPods precisely for situational awareness. I imagine you're on team Android/Windows, so that suggestion isn't very good.

Nothing makes earbuds in a similar form factor called the Nothing Ear (Stick).

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 hour ago, saintlouisbagels said:

I love using Apple AirPods precisely for situational awareness. I imagine you're on team Android/Windows, so that suggestion isn't very good.

Nothing makes earbuds in a similar form factor called the Nothing Ear (Stick).

Hmm, yeah I'm using android so I, nor apple fwiw, would want me to buy it.

I'll defo check out the nothing ear, but I would prefer something which allows me to hear my surroundings.

Thanks!

There's the FiiO JW1 that seems like a pretty close fit for your needs, or alternatively a friend with an iphone/ store display if you're brave to change around settings on a pair of airpod pros (non-pro airpods suck) 

15 minutes ago, 1eric1 said:

I'll defo check out the nothing ear, but I would prefer something which allows me to hear my surroundings.

Thanks!

??

That's exactly why I mentioned the AirPods and Nothing Ear (Stick) ....?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I've got a set of Sound core A40s, and with some foam tips, the ANC is insane (but safe, can hear proximity beepers on forklifts and horns) and the aware mode works super well, allowing me to go from completely isolated to aware in like half a second. The fitment in my ears is comfortable enough, though not super comfortable (apparently I have unusual ears with very firm cartilage).

8 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

T alternatively a friend with an iphone/ store display if you're brave to change around settings on a pair of airpod pros (non-pro airpods suck) 

You can alter the physical shortcuts one time with an apple device, so you can alternate between ANC and passthrough modes with a button click. Android doesn't have an answer for apple transparency mode, and open earbuds suck (not tried Shokz or bone conduction in general, but i'd be astonished if they aren't awful)