Replacing faulty hard drive in Intel onboard RAID on ASUS Z97-PRO motherboard

R41D

Hi, I had a RAID configuration consisted of 2 hard drives, one of which appears to be faulty. Now the problem is that my motherboard BIOS just decided to disable RAID on those drives so they are now viewed in Windows as separate drives. The working one works as usuak, so I still have access to my files, but I don't know how to replace that faulty drive and rebuild my RAID config without losing or copying files to separate NAS. The only place where I can store those files now is my NAS 200km away in my hometown so connection to it via VPN is about 3MB/s and the size of those files is 407GB so I would like to avoid spending about 3 days copying over files. Is there any way to do it?

6 hours ago, R41D said:

one of which appears to be faulty

How do you know it's faulty? Did you check smart info?

6 hours ago, R41D said:

I had a RAID configuration consisted of 2 hard drives

Only 2 drives, is it raid 1? You don't have any other drives at the moment you can use as a backup before trying to rebuild?

12 hours ago, Ryker Robb said:

How do you know it's faulty? Did you check smart info?

Only 2 drives, is it raid 1? You don't have any other drives at the moment you can use as a backup before trying to rebuild?

Yup, I checked it in Crystal Disk Info.

Yeah, it's raid 1. I'm don't have any other drives, so right now i'm in process of copying those files to my NAS in my hometown, so i can just reconfigure raid as new when i buy a new drive.

faulty drive info.jpg