Hey guys,

I'm facing the question whether or not to plasti dip a mainboard (yea covering up the connectors, heatsinks, pcie and ram slots and the socket, I know).

As the same question occurs to every type of mainboard-paintjob, I kindly ask:

could someone with an IR-camera please take some photos of his/her mainboard running on a bench with only a gpu in a pcie slot under full load (I recommend

p95 blendtest

furmark

music playing via headphones via crappy onboard (yea I know)

crystal diskmark on hdd AND a fast USB 3 flashdrive

copying a huge file from a nas

all at the same time for 10 minutes or so) or even without the gpu so that we exactly know which components get hot (except for the obvious ones like cpu, chipset aka north / southbridge, GPU (if any) and vrm).

Note: Goal of this is to find out how hot and especially which things COULD get. The results of the benchmarks naturally do not count, it's just all about maxing the stress. The Pics even don't have to be nice or anything.

That way there would be no doubt for future moders which components to cover before painting / plastidiping etc. as future mainboards will probably pretty much have the same components.

In theory LinusMediaGroup would have everything except for the IR camera (or do they), so they could do it (if they can afford the time). As Slick happens to do benchmarks quite often on a bench, it even probably wouldn't take much time to do for him.

But then again he seems to be quite overworked (just thinking loud). 

If anyone could do such a thing, that would be really great. And I'm sure we would see a lot more paintjobs on mainboards in the future, too.

2600k, HD6870, 16GB

this is a pic from the internet. hope it helps you

23iui4n.png

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Oh, okay. I googled it first but I didn't find anything so thanks ProKoN!

2600k, HD6870, 16GB

that z77 pro 4! I'm glad to see newer mobos alot cooler on the vrm area. I feel like motherboards have evolved alot in the last refreshes. Better components, decent audio and nics, etc.