Pc randomly restarts

Hamzinjoo

Hello,

I have a problem, and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. Firstly, my name is Hamza.

I've been having an issue for the past 8 months with my computer randomly restarting itself. I don't need to do anything for it to restart; it just happens sporadically, sometimes every hour, sometimes every 15 minutes. I've changed the motherboard, processor, installed liquid cooling, replaced the graphics card and power supply, switched to an M.2 SSD, and even upgraded the RAM, but the issue persists. It's driving me crazy, and I don't know what else to do. My current configuration is an

Intel Core i7 11th gen processor, 64GB of Transcend RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB  Cooler Master liquid cooling

Corsair 1200W PSU

Samsung 512GB M.2 SSD.

I've tried everything I could find online, from preventing the computer from shutting down or going into hibernation to plugging directly into the power outlet instead of using an extension cord. I'm at a loss. I must also mention that the case is an Alienware Area 51 R1.

Please help.

1714426054290789417210326044914.jpg

17144261832066154982678618251666.jpg

Since you've more or less built a new pc with all that replacement parts I would take that pc and try it at someone's else home.

Ask a friend if you can go to his/hers place with your pc and just try it.

If it works fine there then it could be something wrong with your power feed in your house.

19 minutes ago, Mumintroll said:

Since you've more or less built a new pc with all that replacement parts I would take that pc and try it at someone's else home.

Ask a friend if you can go to his/hers place with your pc and just try it.

If it works fine there then it could be something wrong with your power feed in your house.

I have an Alienware Aurora with lower specifications, it runs without any issues, with a 750W original power supply, an i7 4th generation, Asus ROG Strix 1060 6GB, and 8GB of RAM. It has never had any problems. Do you still think there could be an issue with the home electrical installation?

1 hour ago, Hamzinjoo said:

Hello,

I have a problem, and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. Firstly, my name is Hamza.

I've been having an issue for the past 8 months with my computer randomly restarting itself. I don't need to do anything for it to restart; it just happens sporadically, sometimes every hour, sometimes every 15 minutes. I've changed the motherboard, processor, installed liquid cooling, replaced the graphics card and power supply, switched to an M.2 SSD, and even upgraded the RAM, but the issue persists. It's driving me crazy, and I don't know what else to do. My current configuration is an

Intel Core i7 11th gen processor, 64GB of Transcend RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB  Cooler Master liquid cooling

Corsair 1200W PSU

Samsung 512GB M.2 SSD.

I've tried everything I could find online, from preventing the computer from shutting down or going into hibernation to plugging directly into the power outlet instead of using an extension cord. I'm at a loss. I must also mention that the case is an Alienware Area 51 R1.

Please help.

1714426054290789417210326044914.jpg

17144261832066154982678618251666.jpg

Take out all usbs and only use the keyboard and mouse 

10 hours ago, Hamzinjoo said:

I have an Alienware Aurora with lower specifications, it runs without any issues, with a 750W original power supply, an i7 4th generation, Asus ROG Strix 1060 6GB, and 8GB of RAM. It has never had any problems. Do you still think there could be an issue with the home electrical installation?

You didn't mention that you have another pc in your first post, so I didn't know.

Maybe there's something with the case which cause a short circuit or something that the power supply reacts to.

Could also be something plugged into the usb ports.

Another thing

I've seen plenty of Corsair powersupplies on sale as refurbished (atleast where I live), meaning they've been broken and repaired. Was the previous powersupply also a Corsair?

11 hours ago, FireLegend said:

Take out all usbs and only use the keyboard and mouse 

Unfortunately, I've tried that, and I only have a  MX Master 3 mouse and Logitech G815 keyboard via USB.

1 hour ago, Mumintroll said:

You didn't mention that you have another pc in your first post, so I didn't know.

Maybe there's something with the case which cause a short circuit or something that the power supply reacts to.

Could also be something plugged into the usb ports.

Another thing

I've seen plenty of Corsair powersupplies on sale as refurbished (atleast where I live), meaning they've been broken and repaired. Was the previous powersupply also a Corsair?

"I've also disconnected the USB leaving only the mouse, all 3 mice, not just one, thinking it's not it or something like that. He's doing it again, but I've taken a UPS, so I'll try it with it just to see if it's what you said in the first post, a problem with the home installation. I'll let you know if I succeed, and I'll also try it on my girlfriend's computer."

I don't know... The previous power supply was the original Dell 1200W, and I replaced it thinking the issue was with the power supply, so for that reason, I wouldn't say it's the power supply. I'm not sure; I still have the old power supply with me.

Long shot here. Any chance the pc has a bottom mounted power supply and it’s sitting on carpet?  I saw a PC that randomly restarted. The power supply was over heating and suffocating. No errors were produced because most computers don’t have a power supply temp probe. 

1 hour ago, BobbyFRG said:

Long shot here. Any chance the pc has a bottom mounted power supply and it’s sitting on carpet?  I saw a PC that randomly restarted. The power supply was over heating and suffocating. No errors were produced because most computers don’t have a power supply temp probe. 

Naravno:

Correct, the psu is at the bottom of the case, on the carpet. I'm will try to lift the computer to free him. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks a lot.

On 4/30/2024 at 1:48 PM, BobbyFRG said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't help. I lifted the computer off the floor, but it keeps restarting. I tried without anything connected except the mouse and keyboard, but unfortunately, that doesn't help either... I don't know what's wrong with it; I'm starting to feel a bit helpless 🙂

This is the error i got when it reboots 

IMG-20240502-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240502-WA0006.jpg

I tried everything: disconnected everything, cleaned out the dust, changed the thermal paste, hooked it up at my girlfriend's place, tried with just one RAM stick, tried with one monitor instead of two, lifted it off the floor to make sure it wasn't overheating – both temperatures are fine. I even tried the whole computer outside of the case, but still the same problem. Now I'm really at a loss, nothing seems to work... And all the components are new, not used...