First computer build for work

Budget (including currency): 1300usd with tax

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Sketchup, V-Ray, 3DSMAX, Autocad, Photoshop

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at):

Configuration I thought about:

* MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR5

* Intel Core i7-14700

* Lexar 2TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe NM790

* Kingston FURY 64GB (2x32GB) 5600MHz CL36 Beast Black EXPO

* Thermaltake Litepower II Black 650W

* Kolink Stronghold M Black

Hi, I need a computer for work. I do home interior designing, create models in sketchup and render them in vray. This will be my first build and there is a lot of opinions on the Internet, but most of them are for gaming computers.

* Is the configuration I thought of optimal or should I go amd?

* Do I need K processor? I won't do overclocking, but K processors appears to have higher clock speeds.

* Is stock cooler enough or should I buy better air cooler, AIO?

* I thought of not buying dedicated GPU as most of my workload is on cpu and I could add GPU later.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Bartek Suski said:

Is stock cooler enough or should I buy better air cooler, AIO

Not really for intensive workloads, if the budget allows it then definitely invest in a good air cooler

I've looked into Autocad requirements some more and it appears that it needs dedicated GPU with 4gb of vram. I'm considering rtx3050 with 6gb of vram.

For home interior design I wouldn’t imagine you’d need much.  What do other people who use this software usually use for work at your level?  A used gaming PC might be able to handle your workload effortlessly .  Something with a 1070 should be under $300.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

4 hours ago, Bartek Suski said:

* Is the configuration I thought of optimal or should I go amd?

* Do I need K processor? I won't do overclocking, but K processors appears to have higher clock speeds.

* Is stock cooler enough or should I buy better air cooler, AIO?

* I thought of not buying dedicated GPU as most of my workload is on cpu and I could add GPU later.

• The memory kit is sub-optimal as it is intended for AMD CPU. Select a kit that includes XMP profiles. Ideally DDR5-6000 CL30. The PSU is a bad choice. See https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/ for options. Mesh front cases tend to have better airflow. This may lead to quieter and more efficient operation.
  • A non-K CPU is fine. But check pricing. In some markets the i7-14700K is actually less expensive (although one has to add a cooler).
  • Stock cooler should be fine although if may make the system loud at times. It may also hamper performance when the CPU is fully loaded for longer periods.
  • Even an inexpensive GPU can improve performance. Photoshop may use an Nvidia GPU to accelerate certain functions. In general a GPU will improve display performance making the system seem more responsive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.