F.E.A.R lagging issue

ILI-BIG

When i play game a bit, game become unplayable. FPS drops to 5. How can i fix this problem?

I suppose you're talking about the yes legend game, based on the og Lithtech 2005 engine. Can we get full specs? I recall it was something that happened to me as well during the much more golden era of my life. Was mostly a harddrive thing. Most of it went away when I rolled it over to SSDs... 

yeah, we would definitely need more information for this. Like the specs of your PC and whether we are really talking about the OG F.E.A.R. or some re-release.

Core 2 Extreme QX9300

GeForce 9800M GTS 

8GB RAM  

Game ran smoothly when i played first at maximum settings. But now it gets horrible FPS after playing a bit

Have you checked the temps on the GPU and CPU? Given that the build is on the more 'experienced' side, maybe the CPU or GPU needs some repasting.

EDIT: I just realized those components are mobile, so we are talking about a laptop. Is it plugged in? Powerplan set to performance? Fans still running and thermals ok?

15 hours ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Have you checked the temps on the GPU and CPU? Given that the build is on the more 'experienced' side, maybe the CPU or GPU needs some repasting.

EDIT: I just realized those components are mobile, so we are talking about a laptop. Is it plugged in? Powerplan set to performance? Fans still running and thermals ok?

There is no thermal problem in laptop. Both CPU and GPU stays at below 70°C and laptop runs at performance mode(laptop plugged to adapter of course)

Slap a SATA SSD in that thing, it might fix the issue and give that old laptop a new life.

Are you by chance using a Logitech mouse, or a Logitech peripheral? I recall that there was an issue with Logitech driver having some sort of conflict with the game. Even I, when I was playing the game when it was first launched, had a powerful rig at the time but also had a logitech  mouse and/or keyboard, I had bad framerate dropping to single figure.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2 hours ago, GamerDude said:

Are you by chance using a Logitech mouse, or a Logitech peripheral? I recall that there was an issue with Logitech driver having some sort of conflict with the game. Even I, when I was playing the game when it was first launched, had a powerful rig at the time but also had a logitech  mouse and/or keyboard, I had bad framerate dropping to single figure.

No. My keyboard/mouse is sades

This probably happens due to the over all setup being just... old. F.E.A.R used to be hefty on setups of that era, and the fact that this is such an antic laptop with a HDD adds up.

Try with an SSD on the game.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

This probably happens due to the over all setup being just... old. F.E.A.R used to be hefty on setups of that era, and the fact that this is such an antic laptop with a HDD adds up.

Try with an SSD on the game.

SSD is inside laptop and game located in SSD

Try toying with settings? Dunno, F.E.A.R might be pushing it a bit...