Custom Keycap

Worstcaster

Are you specifically looking to make a custom-designed keycap? Otherwise, there's a vast ocean of custom keycaps you can find on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, TaoBao, etc.

The most important spec is making sure you buy a keycap that's the correct size.

Is your Windows key 1U ? 1U is the same size as all of the alpha keys (letters and numbers)

Or is your Windows key like 1.25U (or some other size) like the CTRL, ALT keys around it?

Secondly, if aesthetics are very important, you should double-check keycap profile. This refers to the shape and sculpt. Most profiles have a different sculpt for each row height which makes it extra complicated.

image.jpeg.79d4f76ce5b85dc1ed9f4621ecf38de7.jpeg

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

2 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Are you specifically looking to make a custom-designed keycap? Otherwise, there's a vast ocean of custom keycaps you can find on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, TaoBao, etc.

The most important spec is making sure you buy a keycap that's the correct size.

Is your Windows key 1U ? 1U is the same size as all of the alpha keys (letters and numbers)

Or is your Windows key like 1.25U (or some other size) like the CTRL, ALT keys around it?

Secondly, if aesthetics are very important, you should double-check keycap profile. This refers to the shape and sculpt. Most profiles have a different sculpt for each row height which makes it extra complicated.

Yes, I'm looking at a custom-designed keycap.  I have a Corsair - K100 RGB, which I believe does use the 1.25 keycap size for the Win key.