Computer will not boot unless I reset my surge protector.

I'm hoping someone might know what's causing this.

My computer has been having this issue where I can power it off but cannot power it back on without resetting my surge protector.

I'm on this computer as I write this. It runs perfectly fine and there are no indications it's struggling for power or anything else is struggling peripherally. All fans are running, all lights work, nothing sounds or seems off about it at all. If I turn off the computer and try to turn it back on, it appears as though there's no power and the computer refuses to respond at all.

I suspect the issue may be the surge protector as when I reset it, the issue corrects itself. I believe I have a number of power hungry items and this is resulting in the PC becoming sensitive to the power being consumed by the other items on the same surge protector.

• I have my PC
  • I have two screens screens 
  • I have my Rodecaster Pro ii
  • I have my internet routers
  • I also have two peripherals attached to the computer (An Elgato Stream Deck and a Key Light)

My Surge Protector is a - APC Surge Protector Power Strip with a 4320 Joule capacity. This in turn plugs into a TESSEN brand smart outlet box on my wall outlet. The plug the surge protector is connected to is not one of the smart outlets. 

Obviously, there can be something wrong with the computer as well but the fact this issue was tied to my surge protector makes me think it's external. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what I can do or what tests I can run to rule out any bigger issues.

If it does turn out it's a surge protector, is there a higher capacity one you can suggest which may help prevent this going forward?

Edit:

I unplugged my Rodecaster Pro ii and my entire system booted up. It's not the computer. It's a conflict with the power draw of the Rodecaster competing with my computer. 

I’m not an expert but I’d guess most likely it’s the surge protector? If you have another surge protector you could test using that but if you don’t then I’m not sure how you would confirm. It would be strange your PC would be doing this during powering off since as far as I’m aware they reset due to a high power draw and reset to prevent overload. 

5 minutes ago, CoveWolf said:

I’m not an expert but I’d guess most likely it’s the surge protector? If you have another surge protector you could test using that but if you don’t then I’m not sure how you would confirm. It would be strange your PC would be doing this during powering off since as far as I’m aware they reset due to a high power draw and reset to prevent overload. 

That's what doesn't make sense to me. 

The surge protector itself is all green. No indications of an issue in terms of the lights it gives off. I read online that computers can be more sensitive to power fluctuations than other powered peripherals so it might explain why only the computer seems impacted but not anything else on the same surge protector.