Electrical Wiring Help

CA8OOS3

Good Evening.

I am in need of some help. I have a situation that requires me to do a little bit of DIY in regards to some power.

I have a MeanWell PSU more specifically a NDR-480-48 which is used to power my MiGe Motor and controller board. This is for simracing.

I have a Simucube SC1 OSW Style wheelbase setup and I am trying to wire a powerswitch.

Currently I am wired directly to an IEC plug which has a powerswitch but since the controller box is away from my sim rig, I want to make a powerswitch with my emergency stop.

So, so far I have tried using just a standard 3 prong switch and we'll that has ended in disaster everything and now looking to use a 6 prong switch.

Here is how I currently think to have the switch wired.

I have 4 wires coming from the switch.[2 white, 2 yellow] 2 are going to the IEC plug [Live and Neutral] and 2 going to the [L and N] parts on the PSU. Now on a 6 prong switch does it matter where things are wired as long as the L and N are on the same sides on each?

I just want to make sure I get this wired correctly so I can hide away the controller box for my sim rig.

Thanks for any help.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

On 3/26/2024 at 9:39 AM, CA8OOS3 said:

So, so far I have tried using just a standard 3 prong switch and we'll that has ended in disaster everything and now looking to use a 6 prong switch.

How has it ended in disaster ?

Should just need to break active not both... ?