LF new keyboard

Kevin.K.N.

Heya!,

Im currently looking for new keyboard, but im not too sure what to get at this stage and when looking at keyboards i feel im gettin very "tunel visioned" over the options that are available to me so i figured maybe i should make a post to see if i could get some suggestions that might help "broaden the horizon" a bit. I'll Try to keep this post short, thanks for all suggestion in advance !

Requirements:

Price: N/A

Size: 100% (must have a numpad)

Switches: Must be swappable.

Connection: Bluetooth + USBC passthrough (my gaming station is also my work station, and i use usbc on my gaming machine and BT on my work machine, making it easy to swap without having to move cables (i game only wired)

Layout: UK - qwerty - ISO. (need a proper layout for arrowkeys, ins, home, del, end, prtsxc, scrollk, pause, pgup,pgdown etc - none of those "squished together layouts" since i will be using this for work too. )

Preference: (not mandatory)

a few macro keys.

NOT BLUE SWITCHES ! xD

Current keyboard: ROG claymore 2.

I really loved this keyboard, but turns out it has a quite severe issue that seems to happen to most users after using the keyboard for a while.

Which is one of the reasons i wanna go for a keyboard that has hotswap keys.

What i am currently considering:

ASUS ROG Strix Flare II

ASUS ROG Strix Scope II - was considering untill i saw the "squished" layout"

razer black widow v4 pro (dont think its hotswap tho)

Note:

I am not interested in wooting keyboards.

Checkout these keyboards from Keychron 

The one I have here is hotswappable (and comes in barebone versions if you choose to byo switches and keycaps)

ISO layout

And it has programmable rgb ( it can only be programmed by via but then again, no bloatware software runs in the background)

The Macro keys are also controlled by via

Keychron Q6 Pro QMK/VIA Wireless Custom Mechanical Keyboard ISO Layout – Keychron | Mechanical Keyboards for Mac, Windows and Android

54 minutes ago, ARandomPerson said:

Checkout these keyboards from Keychron 

The one I have here is hotswappable (and comes in barebone versions if you choose to byo switches and keycaps)

ISO layout

And it has programmable rgb ( it can only be programmed by via but then again, no bloatware software runs in the background)

The Macro keys are also controlled by via

Keychron Q6 Pro QMK/VIA Wireless Custom Mechanical Keyboard ISO Layout – Keychron | Mechanical Keyboards for Mac, Windows and Android

Thanks for this suggestion ! 

Do you by any chance know if theyre bluetoothn + USBC passthrough ? This is quite vital for me. 

I am going to look into this in the morning but its 5.02 AM here and im about to go to bed haha. 

Also you can only change the RGB coloring through key shortcuts ? Are you able to adjust all of the key backlighting individually or just it come with presets? 

And theres no software for the keyboard is that right ? (tbh i dont mind software for adjusting the keyboard keycolor and updates and macros etc) 

The Q Max series is BT, 2.4GHz and wired, but they don't have passthrough afaik.

So you can swap between different devices, but you can't use it as a USB hub.